Search results

1. Breplum

Best AAVs?

any are fine. all must be permanently accessible
  2. Breplum

Mystery (gas?) pipe/tank/thing

going to have to play with it by taking apart and evaluating. no way around it.
  3. Breplum

Vent pipe in exterior wall - tee/90 bend

short sweep aka vent 90 is fine, only when greater than 6" above flood rim of highest fixture being served
  4. Breplum

NPE-240A Exhaust Oil/Corrosion Issue

Wouldn't be water in the exhaust unless there is a dip, which must not be there. Otherwise, it slopes back into the unit and goes naturally out to the condensate. Desacaled routinely appropriate to your water hardness? (not related to your current problem)
  5. Breplum

NPE-240A Exhaust Oil/Corrosion Issue

1. Street 90 is the WRONG fitting to use. Doesn't seal properly so leaks. The new A2 models have a safety switch so you can't use those fittings. Has to be pipe and short piece of pipe. 2. The oily residue is common. Nothing to do but wipe if you want (no harm either way) and live with it.
  6. Breplum

Old toilet tank

I love my https://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-Cadet-3-FloWise-Two-Piece-1-28-GPF-Single-Flush-Elongated-Chair-Height-Toilet-with-Slow-Close-Seat-in-White-3378-128ST-020/202964035 at $186. just get it, throw away the seat and get a nice, self close...don't use the crappy wax or steel...
  7. Breplum

Macerator Toilet in Pool House.

If the specs on the Sanicompact say "9' up and/or 120' distance" determine if that tolerance is suitable for your hoped-for goal. It is a robust, tiny pump...of course expect to be dealing with replacing. On their own data sheet it is wrong because it says vertical discharge "120 ft". so, take...
  8. Breplum

Easy way to increase pressure in tub faucet?

Slip over doo-hickey is your best bet. sorry. Cost for anything further would be off scale not worth it. Garden hose from your water heater drain fitting an adjustable hand-held garden sprayer will make tons of foamy bubbles.
  9. Breplum

Underground 1inch copper pipe repair problem

Copper tube is available in rolls, which is annealed and called “soft copper”.
  10. Breplum

Underground 1inch copper pipe repair problem

There are tools to re-round copper tube. Your soldering skills may not be up to snuff, or torch not hot enough, or too much water remaining. We only use ProPress now so it is THE solution. Any good plumber would have the rounding tool and ProPress tool. ProPress is good on soft copper up to...
  11. Breplum

Replacing a section in ABS horizontal drain below slab

I would use no hub couplings. I wouldn't bother with transitioning. just stick with ABS
  12. Breplum

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

UPC has minimum net interior space for shower at 30"
  13. Breplum

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

1100% on your licensed plumbing contractor, seems to me. If your plans show what you wanted, then you have a case.
  14. Breplum

Toilet Triage

When we have a problem like yours, and you've used a toilet auger, then next step is pull the toilet and bench test it outside.
  15. Breplum

California Faucets flow restrictor?

I can't reveal who, but most plumbers I know have to defeat flow restrictors lest they have unhappy customers. On Grohe check valves, they even drill out the guts. Restricting water flow is a most-stupid solution, whereas, allowing unlimited population growth and agriculture growth until it is...
  16. Breplum

50% of my 1/2" pex a connections leak

Appreciate the thorough review.
  17. Breplum

TPV drain line

Combining Temp/Pressure relief valves together is not a good practice. Not to code in most jurisdictions because the point of having them required to be day-lighted is to be able to tell which one has failed in case of dripping. Daylighting drain from safety pan is preferred, but if you ran a...
  18. Breplum

NPE-240A2(NG) Recirculating pump not turning on

You need to check for voltage to the pump when recirc is called for.
  19. Breplum

Navien NPE-240A2 x2 units--please help me configure

No check valve needed if no NavCirc. Definitely need link cable and setting up for twin units.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks