Search results

1. rcatty

Gas fireplace nipple broken off

I have a wood burning masonry fireplace, with a gas log lighter. The gas pipe coming up through the floor of the firebox apparently contained a nipple that screwed into the female receptacle on the pipe. The nipple broke when I attempted to change the fittings on the log lighter, leaving a...
  2. rcatty

Water heater gas valve replacement costs

I have two 50 gallon Sears (A.O. Smith) hot water heaters hooked up together. Lately, my water temperature has been low despite (a) high setting(s). I took two temp. measurements at the closest sink and the readings were about 20-30 degrees too low for the settings. Sears came out and did a...
  3. rcatty

Discharge rain water into septic sewer pipe

I have an area that collects large amounts of water water. Can I drain this water into my sewer line (the sewer pipe is very close to this area) which flows into my septic system? The layout of the area is not conducive to running a trench or other system to dispel the rain water. Thank you.
  4. rcatty

Need exterior sump pump help

I have a tight, rough area of my house where water collects, and the foundation is not graded properly. There is no room to add soil to fix the grading issues. I thought I could install an exterior sump pump in the immediate area. However, freezing will be an issue considering this is in a...
  5. rcatty

New Expansion tank installation....necessary ?

I have a well, and just installed 2 new hot water tanks (50 gallon each). The system, besides being on a well, has a hot water recirculating line, with a grundfos pump, and a checkvalve (on the recirc line only). My cold water line, traced back to the well, has a main shut off valve, wiring...
  6. rcatty

recirculating hot water/sediment confusing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have been in this house for 10 years. I am on a well, and have two hot water tanks set up to work in parallel. I am getting a sediment discharge in my hot water, only from my upstairs faucets and showers. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks