Search results

1. Peterson

Looking to match old toilet footprint

That looks like a really old bowl. Can the existing toilet be repaired and re-installed? If the pad was made specifically to fit that toilet bowl, I'd be tempted to try to repair it. The Kohler Memoirs bowl has a 10 inch wide footprint, but there would be overlap in the front. Maybe...
  2. Peterson

Rear exit chair height toilet

Kohler Barrington should do fine. It has a huge trapway and a powerful, pressurized flush. It's also available in Biscuit. It has the trapizoid tank, so depending on how your bathroom is arranged (if one of the sides of the toilet is up against a wall), you would want to decide whether you...
  3. Peterson

Toilet Triage

I would be tempted to take the bowl off of the floor and see if there's a foreign object stuck in the bottom of toilet that a drain snake is getting around. Or it might be full of minerals and the jets need a good cleaning out? Years ago, someone in the family flushed a dryer sheet down the...
  4. Peterson

Toilet tank draining

If the tank drains down to the flapper, and there's still water in the tank below the flush valve seat, it's the flapper that is leaking. I doubt freezing the gasket would have done anything to it. Maybe the plastic flush valve pipe might have a crack in it?
  5. Peterson

Worried about over tightening bolts when attaching tank to bowl.

The tank should be tightly bolted to the bowl and there should not be hardly any wobble with it. The gasket might be extra spongy since it's new?
  6. Peterson

Smell after new toilets installed

You might have had a mouse that crawled in the wall or floor joists and died right about when the toilets were installed. I have had that happen myself in a bathroom and thought the wax seal had broken. If you aren't smelling things now and the toilets work and there are no leaks, I'd leave...
  7. Peterson

Floor mounted, rear outlet, gravity toilet - Does it exist?

Gerber Plumbing makes a Floor Mounted, Rear Outlet Toilet: https://www.gerber-us.com/maxwell-1-28-gpf-4-1-4-vertical-rough-in-two-piece-back-outlet-compact-elongated-ergoheight-toilet/products/us-G0020022
  8. Peterson

Flush Valve to outlet seal leak - 1927 Palmer-Mullen toilet - Part 1

Beautiful toilet! You need to have a professional plumber tackle this, especially with installing the shut off lines, etc. Taking the tank off the wall is going to be a challenge, and you will have to install new hanger bolts into the wall when you put it back. It appears from what you...
  9. Peterson

Kohler Wellworth tank with Highline bowl?

Yep - the Wellworth Tanks go with the Highline bowls. The only difference between the Wellworth and Highline models is the bowl. The tanks are the same.
  10. Peterson

Toilet off level by more than an inch

The toilet is totally fine. It's the floor that needs to be fixed. I have seen scenarios where somebody creates a pad of concrete in the shape of the bowl outline to level out the toilet. We had a similar situation in an old house I used to live in. The toilet in the basement was set in wet...
  11. Peterson

Gerber tank broken

You should replace the entire toilet. I'd recommend getting the Project Source 99 dollar toilet at Lowes. It's chair height, elongated, and works surprisingly very well for a house brand fixture.
  12. Peterson

Need recommendations for toilet for elderly mother

Kohler Highline Extra Tall. The bowl is 19 inches high and perfect for people with limited mobility. Flushes very well. Available at Home Depot.
  13. Peterson

Mansfield 160 flush valve

You'll have to replace the tower. Luckily, you can buy those towers at Lowes or Home Depot. If it's just the stop cap that is broken, you might just have to use the stop cap on the new tower you bought instead of disassembling the entire tank.
  14. Peterson

Toilet is difficult to flush

Maybe the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl is plugged up with lime/minerals? If that happens, many toilets will not siphon out. Take a small screw driver and poke around in the jet and scrape out any minerals that might have built up in there.
  15. Peterson

Crack in base of toilet.

It should be replaced. It's cracked now, but could split/shatter the next time somebody plops down on the seat.
  16. Peterson

Slow Toilet

It shouldn't be too difficult. There are several videos on Youtube for replacing the wax ring on the toilet. If you have never done this before, I would have a friend help you. It involves draining and lifting the toilet off the floor.
  17. Peterson

Slow Toilet

I think you should pull the toilet and inspect the trapway of the toilet bowl. Something could be lodged in there. I had a similar situation years ago with a slower flushing toilet when the other toilets in the house flushed just fine. Turns out that someone accidentally flushed a dryer sheet...
  18. Peterson

Vitromex Toilet - Flush Valve Gasket replacement.

I would try to reuse the old flush valve (if it's not damaged), and then set the tank using the red gasket. It looks like the flush valve could be too big?
  19. Peterson

Toilet needed that tank totally empties

No new toilet these days will totally empty the tank. The only one that comes to mind might be a Mansfield since it uses the flush tower. If you are going to leave the property for an extended period of time, you probably should shut the toilet off and drain the tank completely.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks