Search results

1. JohnnyVirgil

Help! Is our submersible pump ruined?

Ah so it has to factor in the vertical lift capability before those stats actually mean something.
  2. JohnnyVirgil

Help! Is our submersible pump ruined?

I'm confused by this. Isn't 10 gallons per minute better/more than 5 gpm?
  3. JohnnyVirgil

How to tell if pressure tank is bad? Really fast drawdown

Yeah thanks. I was going to order one and I called a plumber and my well company and they both said that I didn’t need one. I asked for details and the well guy said with just me and my wife in the house the pump would be going on every time we turned on the water so it was six of one half a...
  4. JohnnyVirgil

Just wanted to stop by and thank you all for the help. I put the new tank in tonight and no leaks. I was worried about working with stainless steel but it went fine. Only two trips to the hardware store so I’ll consider it a win. :)
  5. JohnnyVirgil

Is this a good deal? https://www.aquascience.net/stainless-steel-cycle-stop-valve-constant-pressure-system-with-wx-102-pressure-tank-1-1-4
  6. JohnnyVirgil

I never heard of this cycle stop valve before but it sure seems like the way to go.
  7. JohnnyVirgil

That makes sense. Here’s the rest of the connection from the well. Seems like it shouldn’t be that difficult to replace assuming the black pipe isn’t brittle as glass after 25 years.
  8. JohnnyVirgil

Does this drawdown indicate a bad pressure tank? The pressure seems ok when you’re using it but with even a little load, the tank seems to deplete the pressure really fast. The pressure switch was replaced about a year ago, and the tank itself is about 25 years old and rusty on the outside which...
  9. JohnnyVirgil

Are these acid neutralizers on amazon any good?

That makes sense. No mixing solution and filling tanks, other than when your calcite needs replenishing. Repiping would probably be a good idea given the overall condition of the copper, but nothing is leaking yet and working in a lot of the basement is miserable because it's basically a...
  10. JohnnyVirgil

I read a lot about that here on the forum. It almost seems like corosex can be more trouble than it's worth. I would be happy if I could get my water near 7 so it stops destroying my appliances and pipes. Every sink in the place has the chrome burned off the drain stops, It's crazy. The water...
  11. JohnnyVirgil

That would be the best solution, but I'm not finding a lot of information on where the best place would be to purchase such a system. It sounds like it might be the way to go since from the description it seems like it wouldn't affect water pressure at all. I'm also trying to avoid running...
  12. JohnnyVirgil

oh jeez, good point. Any recommendations on a good place to order the proper equipment from? Thanks.
  13. JohnnyVirgil

They seem to be using decent parts. I'm trying to bring my ph up from about 5.6 and the water is already hard, so I imagine I'm going to be putting a softener after it. My concern is water pressure, since it's not great as it is. I don't know anything about injection systems, and my only...
  14. JohnnyVirgil

Signature hardware tub supply lines question

Yeah, I get that. Here's what it looks like. No washers in sight.
  15. JohnnyVirgil

That's interesting to me because I always thought the same, but the nipple and the valve (that are supplied in the kit and are supposed to be screwed together and are straight, not tapered) are made in such a way that any washer would cover the hole where the water flows when the valve is open...
  16. JohnnyVirgil

This supply kit is hard nickel plated brass lines. Flex would be way easier, but it needs to look good according to my wife. ha
  17. JohnnyVirgil

Makes sense. straight and tapered of the same thread count and angle but not able to go together in a water-tight connection from what I've read?
  18. JohnnyVirgil

Weird, mostly what I get back from google for IPS says Iron Pipe Straight, (even some links back to posts on this site) with a few referencing Iron Pipe Size. This stuff shouldn't be so confusing. :) Think that link I shared to faucet.com will do the trick? I also saw this which might work...
  19. JohnnyVirgil

How to plumb clawfoot stop valve (straight vs tapered threads)

I'm just going to drop this link here since I think it solves this issue. https://www.faucet.com/elements-of-design-ed130-6-chrome-brass-adapter-with-1-2-14-npt-and-3-4-ips-connections-from-the/f149131#q-and-a
  20. JohnnyVirgil

I thought one was tapered and one was not? (National Pipe Tapered vs Iron Pipe Straight) The nipples that came with this kit definitely are not tapered. Actually, the threads look a little funky, like they have small flats on them. I'll look for those adapters. So on those adapters, I'd solder...