Search results

1. Nwin

Oil boiler is leaking

Just looking for general opinions as I wait for the HVAC company to come out since I noticed this today. Single stage oil boiler from 1988 is leaking water. The water heater is basically inside the blue box itself as I understand it and holds ~10 gallons or so if I remember correctly. On the...
  2. Nwin

Need to replace single stage oil boiler...options and thoughts?

Is that any different than a chimney liner?
  3. Nwin

I haven’t made a decision yet…the only things I have done are: -Replaced the oil tank because mine started to leak. I got a Roth tank with a tiger loop installed because most installers were recommending I do that for the Roth tank. -had the chimney inspected and cleaned. They told me I have...
  4. Nwin

Sorry/what do you mean by the outdoor reset?
  5. Nwin

Good questions/sorry, I just moved in to this house 2 months ago. I know it was built in 1988 but im Not sure if the chimney is tile lined or not. How would I check that? The New Yorker-the plumber just told me it was 87% efficient. For size of the boiler-not sure. My current Burnham has a...
  6. Nwin

I'm in Connecticut in a house built in 1988 with it's original Burnham single stage oil boiler with a becket burner. I have baseboard heat with 3 zones and for hot water, there's a coil in the boiler from what I've been told, so no tank. It and the oil tank are end of life so I'd rather replace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks