Search results

1. GreenGiant117

Flushmate repair or replace the toilet?

Unfortunately I have no idea when they were installed, I'll put in the serial.numbers and see if mine are affected though, thankmy.ou for the information! I wasn't aware that the Vormax had a double flapper system, it seemed to me that the molding just directed the water in a circular path...
  2. GreenGiant117

Flushmate repair or replace the toilet?

So I have three Gerber toilets that have the Sloan Flushmate Series 503 accelerators in them. One of them had a habit of if it hadn't been used in about 2-3 days it didn't have enough volume/pressure to flush anything down, the following flush would work, but not quite the volume/pressure of the...
  3. GreenGiant117

Water Hammer/Resonance?

So I've been trying to keep a more close ear on it the past few days and here are some updates: 1. There are times that the banging starts when I turn on a faucet, and it will either be a couple quick bangs or a steady banging similar to the banging you hear as warm water flows through pipes, a...
  4. GreenGiant117

Water Hammer/Resonance?

To respond: 1. I figured it was something along those lines, thank you for clarifying. 2. I wasn't planning to place it there, just wondering if I should put one somewhere. 3. All I see in the basement is pipes, there are the typical bleeders and things near the boiler, but other than that...
  5. GreenGiant117

Water Hammer/Resonance?

Since moving into my house in January 2018 we have been plagued by this occasional banging noise in the pipes when water is shut off. Looking online I see that it is probably water hammer or resonance, but any examples I have heard don't exactly sound the same. What we get is either a rapid fire...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks