Search results

1. Caryncbreeef

Best AAVs?

Hello plumber folk. I am finally getting fixtures in (started a remodel which became a teardown. My buddy, a retired plumbing inspector gave me the plumbing design and you fine people helped me make it a reality (I passed the rough on the first go). Due to lots of things I have a stack for the...
  2. Caryncbreeef

Floor Drain question / WH proximity to Subpanel question

Yeah while I applied for permit 2020, the way inspectors are here being up to date is pretty required. But check this out. https://www.iccsafe.org/building-safety-journal/bsj-technical/water-heater-safety-in-the-international-codes/ I found this article written in 2019 about just this topic by...
  3. Caryncbreeef

According to ICC code T&P waste line cannot be pvc. I have done a ton of reading and this new code with 6” air gap in room with water heater and drains to outside in confusing. Havent figured out a good plan yet
  4. Caryncbreeef

Thanks, according to the ICC code it requires a 6” air gap discharged in the same room as WH, there is not to a concrete floor but a tile floored utility room. We do want to run it outside, not sure how we get the air gap with the direct to outside, or am I reading the ICC code wrong? Or...
  5. Caryncbreeef

Hello folks, after three long years getting ready to finish this project. I’ll try to make this simple and clear. Installing a Rheem Proterra 50 gallon Hybrid WH. With regards to subpanel, i have 28” from corner of utility room (where plumbing is) to RH of Subpanel. Code seems to say I need...
  6. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Thanks Jeff, good info. our main is 1” PEX A, the inspector suggested a shark bite PRV. Plan to put it in the utility room before the water goes anywhere. Any favorite ones? Would you go with PEX A PRV if that was your system? Do any professional plumbers use sharkbite except for...
  7. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Hey everyone we passed! The topping off held overnight. I did not have a PRV valve but he told me I could install it for the final. What a relief to pass on first try. Many thanks to Terry Wayne and all the other fine people here who helped me accomplish this. You guys are great.
  8. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Filled DWV from 50” lavatory pipe. Everything else except for roof vent plugged. All pipes dry (we did have to replace two connections, so the test worked in that manner.). I’ve had pressure on the system from the water since Friday. I’ve had to top off a few times and overnight it dropped two...
  9. Caryncbreeef

Rough Plumbing inspection IPC am I missing anything?

Yeahi got my unions all happy, we put the dwv under pressure and got a few leaks. Redid one run letting it settle and will check again in am. For whatever reason here in Raleigh they go right for $150 reinsp fee. I called for framing(at the inspectors suggestion) and failed because trades...
  10. Caryncbreeef

Bronze union troubles for whole house filter -help please

Thanks for the help, redid the connections with your suggestions and held beautifully.
  11. Caryncbreeef

My original question was asking what else I need to do to have my home ready for rough plumbing inspection. I laid out what I’ve already done, but I’m trying to find out if there any other things the inspectors are looking for that I wouldn’t know, like filling the shower basin with water. I...
  12. Caryncbreeef

This is the other side you can actually see the drips now and they’re both where the union itself attaches to the left and right
  13. Caryncbreeef

Both sides not the union I’ll get you a picture in a minute
  14. Caryncbreeef

Hi John. I have been trying to get clarification on this but from my rate the 2018 IPC allows lead free brass and drinking water systems. And my friend who’s a retired plumbing inspector said he couldn’t find anything that said to the contrary.
  15. Caryncbreeef

I hear you but NC is still on 2018 code if permit was taken out before change
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks