Search results

1. PlymouthTony

Sizing an Exhaust Fan Replacement for Bathroom

Thanks. If after replacing the fan and increasing the gap under the door, I don't get the results I need, I will try the floor fan route. Many thanks.
  2. PlymouthTony

Thanks, Jim. I wish I had seen what type of ducting the contractor was putting in but believe that it was not solid metal, smooth. Given that there is no attic space above the ceiling, I have no easy way to check or replace without taking out part of the ceiling. Given what I am reading about...
  3. PlymouthTony

Thanks, Terry. I am going with a panasonic fan as that has worked very well in our other bathrooms, that were in the original build. And I do think that I need to increase the gap underneath the door to increase airflow. There is a heating duct in the room. One question I have is how do I...
  4. PlymouthTony

Last question. Does that mean that the 100 cfm fan on this 4 inch vent is not operating at its 100 cfm rating?
  5. PlymouthTony

This may be a bit technical for me, but here is my take on what you are saying. I definitely need more than the 100 CFM unit that was installed. The house is very tight and we have a life breath air exchange unit to deal with this. Problem with the higher CFM units is that they are fitted for...
  6. PlymouthTony

Terry, thanks for your reply. There is a heat duct in the room but I likely do need to increase the space under the bathroom door. When I shower with the door open, the amount of condensation on the walls is considerably less, but still more than I want. The problem with using panasonic that...
  7. PlymouthTony

I had my basement finished but now realize that I am getting a lot of condensation and dripping on walls after showering. The bathroom is about 130 sq. ft. and has a shower, toilet and sink in it. Contractor put in a 100 cfm Utilitech fan and only a 4 inch duct. Unfortunately, he has walked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks