Search results

1. Dmt78

Separate tub and shower problem.

I really need help figuring out this problem. We have a bathtub and shower on opposite sides of a wall in our master bath. The water for the shower barely trickles out or not at all, but if the tub is on it seems the water flows more in the shower. Can someone help me with why it’s doing this...
  2. Dmt78

Building up flange

Hey guys, looking for advice on properly setting toilet flange on concrete slab. My original plan was to put the stainless steel flange on the slab and have the tile flush with the top. After adding the ditra material and tile, I’m wondering if I should build up the flange level some. I saw a...
  3. Dmt78

Help removing shower valve cartridge. Mainline

I have a Mainline (trouble finding any help with this brand) shower valve and can’t figure out how to remove the cartridge. No set screws and I tried turning the whole unit and can hear a plastic cracking sound (doesn’t sound good). Any advice? Thanks.
  4. Dmt78

Options for outdoor tankless gas water heater hookup

looking to connect from 3/4” PEX inside to my tankless heater outside. I know the most popular seems to be copper. I’ve never done soldering before, but I’d be willing to give it a shot. I was at the store and saw the corrugated stainless steel hoses. Are those ok for outside? Could/should I put...
  5. Dmt78

Washing machine standpipe question

I have my stand pipe at 19” for my washing machine. Someone said I may have issues with water coming back up when draining and I should cut and go longer. From y’all experience is this a problem? Thanks
  6. Dmt78

Separate tub and shower share supply?

So I’m trying to figure out “best” way to run my supplies to a soaking tub and walk-in shower that are back to back in the same bathroom. If I branch down from 3/4” trunk in joists above, could I use the same 3/4” branch to supply both the tub on the left of that wall and the shower to the...
  7. Dmt78

Washing machine drain help

Trying to plan the drain for the clothes washer. Our code is 2012 ipc. I’m trying to keep the trap within the one stud bay since they are 2x4 and I need a 2” pipe. I have about 6-7 inches behind the 2x4 wall that I could use that space. Could I sani-t back towards the space behind the studs...
  8. Dmt78

Kitchen drain/vent routing ideas

Sorry for all the questions, but this forum has been very helpful. I need to bring the vent for this kitchen sink to the right of this window. All my vents are 2”, but I could reduce down this portion to pass through the 2x4 studs or there is a 8” metal purlin directly behind the 4 studs on the...
  9. Dmt78

Catching both sinks in double vanity

I’m trying to set up drain and vent for double vanity in bathroom. Code is IPC. The end of the vanity will be where the 2x4 is laying at the bottom left corner of photo. The drain comes up almost directly where the left sink will fall. The fitting is not glued yet. Best way to handle this? I...
  10. Dmt78

Venting advice

Hey guys, moving on to venting our new home and would like to get some feedback/suggestions on the layout. Metal building frame with 2x4 along the exterior walls and 2x6 in bathroom walls. I'm in Louisiana under IPC 2015. I'm trying to avoid venting through the roof, so would like to go out...
  11. Dmt78

Tub overflow slightly off

Working on drain for new construction bathtub. I’m in Louisiana and use 2015 IPC. From what I’ve read in the codes, I cannot use slip joints unless I have an access panel, which I cannot due to shower right behind tub. I have everything glued up from 2” trap to Sani-t, but my overflow would...
  12. Dmt78

Water distribution advice

Looking for some expert opinions on how to run water service into my slab before they pour. I'm in south louisiana and our code is 2015 IPC. Please excuse this rough sketch below. Just jotting down ideas. I'm not planning to have "home runs" to the water heater. Blue circle - Shut off with...
  13. Dmt78

Tub box out question

Getting ready to put in those black plastic tub box for under the concrete slab. Do you just run the horizontal drain line through the side of the box and fill with sand? I already measured where my drains should fall, so do I center the box on that point? My concern is fitting the p trap...
  14. Dmt78

Slope and tub box question

Still putting this together. Hopefully things look correct so far to you guys? Slope of the main 4” pipe is 1/4 bubble, but the other pipes have been a battle trying to get them to 1/4 bubble. They are more sloped not crazy steep, but am I ok on these pipes being over? Does the tub/shower...
  15. Dmt78

Clean out question

The plans on the house we are building showed 1 clean out at the very beginning of the drain near the top of the floor plan below. I was reading in the 2015 IPC and sounds like I need a clean out where the main drain exits the house into the sewage treatment plant in the yard. If so, Should it...
  16. Dmt78

P trap + vent setup for tub/shower

I’m trying to fit a 2” vent going up the wall behind this tub/shower p trap. It will be a 2x6 wall. Will this setup work? I have a short section of pipe out from the trap, then a wye, then a street 45. I plan on a section of pipe and a 22 or 45 to meet the drain pipe on the left. Thanks.
  17. Dmt78

Venting plan question

My plumber backed out on us and have not been able to get any call backs from any others, so looks like we are on our own. I am trying to plan my under slab stuff so we can pour. The drain seems pretty straight forward, but the venting has me confused. See plumbing layout below. Note we will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks