Search results

1. Pippen S.

"New" 111 year old house with boiler control issues..

Thanks, that's smart. I'll give you guys an update when I take an attempt at it once the weather heats up a bit.
  2. Pippen S.

Boiler was put in in 2006.. Thought it would be older!
  3. Pippen S.

Might as well attach this note here: our Gas Bills have been as follows so far: 02/06 - 03/15: 55.566 Therms 03/5 - 04/07: 149.205 Therms (big jump from the broken indirect coil we were dealing with for 3 wks) 04/07 - Current: 94 Therms approximately I have my parents in...
  4. Pippen S.

do you include the lengths running to the baseboards from the boiler, or just baseboard length? That's good to know, at the rate projects are piling up on this old house it'll be a few years before it gets done though... The cottage is fed through a 4" conduit direct buried about 6' below...
  5. Pippen S.

Thanks! I'll check it out the age of the boiler when I have some free time tomorrow today or tomorrow.
  6. Pippen S.

Hey Guys, Thanks as a novice this gives me a lot to look over. So in terms of the boiler being oversized - i don't think we have much in the way of exterior insulation currently. The house is around 2200' but there is a large attic we plan on finishing that will add another 300-sf, and there...
  7. Pippen S.

oh also what should I do with that blue Pex supply to the copper connection? Want to make sure everything is legit with this system while i'm at it.
  8. Pippen S.

Thanks for the replies man super appreciate it, there's no lights or anything on the control panel, I'm totally in the dark when it comes to understanding these controls. I'll download the control manual and take a look through it. The Aquastat is the Honeywell L8148 E 1273, like you said. i'm...
  9. Pippen S.

Posting questions and using avatars on this site

happy to be here, I'm looking forward to learning a lot!!
  10. Pippen S.

Hi All! I've gotten a crash course over the last 2 months of owning an old Victorian style home in Rhode Island, seems like everything is going wrong with this heating system. So a quick description of the heating system: there are a total of 6 zones coming off of a Slant Fin S-120 DP. 4...