Recent content by Valveman

1. Valveman

Well water sulfur and tannin problem

Will move to the Softener Forum where you should get more help.
  2. Valveman

Well Water Whole House Filter

Welcome to the forum. I will move this to the Softener Forum where you should get more help.
  3. Valveman

Looking for advice on sizing...pipes for my well

Stay with the larger pipe as far as you can. There are lots of better and more deserving places to purchase filters or anything else you need.
  4. Valveman

Hello, new to forum. Well pump replace

Any 1/2HP, 10 or 12 GPM series pump will work. You can get these at TS or any box store. I would use 160# poly in 1" with metal (brass or SS) double long barb fittings and two hose clamps each.
  5. Valveman

Pressure/flow drop after installing the pressure tank.

If the filter had been in the picture we would not have wasted so much time. Glad you got it working.
  6. Valveman

What Reach said. And the 30/50 is pretty low to start with. Tighten the large adjustment screw in the pressure switch about 3 full turns to the right and see how 40/60 works.
  7. Valveman

Pressure loss

Educating themselves on how a their pump system works is never a waste of time. Most people are here asking questions because they have had and paid for several "professionals" to fix the problem, yet the problem persist. With a little education they realize many "professionals" are not...
  8. Valveman

Take the cover off the pressure switch so you can see the points open and close, while also looking at the pressure gauge. 30/50 is pretty low pressure to start with, but does the pressure go from 30 to 50 or just stay at say 20 while you are using water as described above?
  9. Valveman

Miltiple pressure tanks?

It is not good to have multiple pressure tanks in different locations. They will not fill at the same time and cause the pump to cycle on again to finish filling the second tank. Remove the second tank and make sure the pressure switch is with the first tank. If one tank is not enough and...
  10. Valveman

If 5.5 GPM is all the pump can supply, I am sure the tub and faucet are using more than 5.5 GPM, which is why the pressure goes low and stays low. You would need a larger pump if you want to use larger water.
  11. Valveman

Pressure Switch dilemma: 2wells 2 outputs

The red and blue handled ball valves are both on the outlet side of their respective pressure tanks/switches. You can close either or both as you please. But as long as the check valves in the wells are working you do not have to close them.
  12. Valveman

Pressure tank stopped filling

Jet pump or submersible? Picture please.
  13. Valveman

Pressure loss

"City Pressure Booster Pump" LOL! I wish I had a multi-million dollar marketing division who could make people think it is possible to get a silk purse from a sow's ear. All I have is a pump control that has been working flawlessly for over 30 years, doesn't cost very much, and lasts a long...
  14. Valveman

Very Strange Priming Problem

Picture? Pump model number or something? What kind of pump is it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks