Recent content by Upright_Animal

1. U

Cold water mixing into hot (again)

Update: Thanks for the replies. I finally bit the bullet and started punching holes in the wall behind a basement bathroom. I found three lines visible: Cold, Hot, and one line that seems to mix the two. This third 'mix' line passes through the area I opened up, without connecting to any...
  2. U

No significant changes that would (I think) cause this problem. I ran new pipes for the shower and tub by branching off the existing lines, and they don't cross after that, and no mixer fixtures were used. Where could the crossover possibly occur, outside mixer-type fixtures? If the hot and...
  3. U

I mentioned the dip tube as a possibility, but the gas co. tech ruled that out. I did do the test with a single-handle faucet, but the cold supply to it was shut off, so it could only get water from the hot side.
  4. U

I've looked at all the cross-connect posts I can find, and still haven't solved my puzzler: I discovered the problem when I tried to use the hot water in my new 2nd floor tub, through a brand-new fixture (not a mixer). Hot water for a minute or so, then cools down rapidly. Same effect with the...