Recent content by Suceress

1. Suceress

Need to replace one-piece fiberglass shower/tub unit

I have since cleaned off the vanity and removed as much of the rust stains from the porcelain covered cast iron sink as I could. The caulk needs to be removed and replaced and I need to hit the edges of the sink with some kind of glazing as the very edges were left unglazed so there's an ugly...
  2. Suceress

Tiny laundry room & useless bathroom: need suggestions

Ok, so I looked up the plumbing code and saw that the UPC codes for suds relief (could not find equivalent in IPC codes) have exceptions for single-family homes and less than 3 stories of fixtures. My house fits both. Furthermore, as of the year 2000, high efficiency machines no longer produce...
  3. Suceress

Another question: How should I go about doing the pipes for the toilet and lavatory. They are on an exterior wall that runs parallel to the joists. I know that on some of the house there is a small pocket above the beams (running perpendicular to the joists) that the joists sit on) but I don't...
  4. Suceress

The hinge arrived. It was relatively easy to get the old hinge off & new one went on easier than old one came off. Cleaned crevices I couldn't reach with the hinge on. Got the new seat on with some minor difficulties. One being that the bottom plate of the new hinge doesn't stay on & kept...
  5. Suceress

After I clean up my Ensuite a bit more, I will try to get started on this project again. I was looking at my diagrams for the plumbing layout and realized that the drain pipe for the washing machine might get in the way of accessing the dryer vent from behind the machine. It's an exterior wall...
  6. Suceress

I wish Toto made a seat like the Kohler one. Would be nice if they could figure out how to stop the staining. I have hard water with a lot of iron it it so the seat took on the color of the iron a bit. But I don't care how it looks since it will be in my personal bathroom and guests won't be...
  7. Suceress

Kohler Zofa quiet close soft toilet seat. It has a closed cell foam cushion that is warmer than plastic to sit on and is much more comfortable. It discolors easily and no amount of bleach, hydorgen peroxide, toothpaste, etc gets the discoloration out so they discontinued it but it is the most...
  8. Suceress

I got the floor all cleaned up. FINALLY got my Toto Drake installed: Toilet seat is waiting on a replacement hinge (which should come in Friday or Saturday). When my body recovers enough I will clear off the vanity. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be put in bins, stuff I no longer want but...
  9. Suceress

Thanks for the suggestions, oldVermonter. Unfortunately, at this point we can't find any pros who will come out to the area. It's very rural. We've had plumbers and electricians no call no show and then ghost us. The only licensed residential contractors in our area died. After two consecutive...
  10. Suceress

I've made progress on the adjacent bathroom. It currently has no toilet and the floor was messed up. The leveling mix that was first used had lumps in it and made the floor like the surface of the moon and did not spread well. 2nd layer didn't use additive and crumbled a bit but smoothed things...
  11. Suceress

We still haven't finished running all of the PEX. I'm too fat to fit under some of the areas and my friend has had health issues. Have not heard back from the local plumber. But the windows for laundry room and bathroom came in. I found them on sale. Double pane energy star rated with argon. We...
  12. Suceress

My PC died so I'm transferring stuff over to my laptop. Sink has arrived. Formica is on the way. Will still need to fix the floor before installing new stuff. I'm playing around with the color options. They don't turn out quite right in Sketchup but this is the general idea: (Yes, I know it is a...
  13. Suceress

I picked up some more PEX to run more cold water lines and was going to have my friend come over to finish hooking stuff up, but we are both having to quarantine (separate exposures at different locations but from the same people). Hopefully we won't get sick, but friend's gf is already sick...
  14. Suceress

As an update, she has selected Formica Spectrum Blue for the countertop and a Toto Reliance (I was mistaken about it being Reliant) 19" round lavatory in Cotton White. I think we should have enough leftover Behr Deep River paint for the shelves and vanity (after I paint the front door). But I'll...
  15. Suceress

Installing a direct drain for tub

I thought about using a 2" P-trap after a bushing to increase the pipe size. I am not concerned about future upgrades. Not planning on converting it to a shower anytime in the next decade. If it ever gets changed it will likely be after I've moved or died. But, it's something I'll keep in mind.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks