Recent content by SolvingProblems

1. SolvingProblems

Slow draining Utility sink for washing machine is killing me

One thing I did try as soon as I got some time, is I tried the hose without the drain bladder on it, so it more closely emulated gravity. And yes - it then filled up and overflowed the outside drain pipe, unlike with the drain bladder. So I figured, what the hay, lets put the drain bladder...
  2. SolvingProblems

Great question, runs up to the ceiling and havent traced it further. Seems like a condensation outlet for something, but I havent found it yet.
  3. SolvingProblems

Here are some more pics of the drain pipe going out of the house. I just noticed there does seem to be something along the path, I thought it was to drain condensation from the heating system or something, but Im not sure now.
  4. SolvingProblems

would it make sense to replace that outside elbow with a T and put the vent there perhaps?
  5. SolvingProblems

I will try the garden hose tonight without the drain bladder attached to see if it backs up. Yeah, we just moved in - Im used to sending waste , and usually there is no water running through this pipe unless the washing machine is being emptied. Its just for the utility tub/washer. I can...
  6. SolvingProblems

Here are some pics - of the original pipe elbow, broken - found it like this when we moved in. Then there is one of the repaired one I that I put on that is referenced a bunch of times. I also uploaded a picture of the utility tub drain. I am definitely interested after seeing the pics what...
  7. SolvingProblems

That is definitely what I was implying by gravity vs pressure. Yes, the blow bag and the drain bladder are one in the same! :) I can definitely provide some photos in short order too. Can you provide a link to what the vent looks like?
  8. SolvingProblems

I would love some advice on next steps on this one. So the lady and I just moved into 1 story ranch house a couple weeks ago. The mud room is also the laundry room, first floor. There is a washer and dryer, and a utility sink where the washing machine drains to. The tub is a 24x24x32in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks