Recent content by Solomon

1. Solomon

Myers pump tripped the circuit breaker. Perplexing situation

I checked the pump plug with ohmmeter and found out that there were continuity around 4 ~5 ohms between all three prongs, suggesting some kind of short circuit in the pump itself or the cables/plug . Now I can figure out why pump works fine on ungrounded extension cord but blows breaker when...
  2. Solomon

Thank you all for your comments. When I replaced the receptacle with a new one, I wrapped wires around the screws. Based on Reach4 comment, amperage should be ok for both extension cord and the receptacle. What should be done next? I will hook up the receptacle to the other "free" wire and see...
  3. Solomon

The fact that there is similar ammeter readings doesn't exclude that possibility?
  4. Solomon

I repeated the test using the above setting. I got 8.70 Amps with both extension cord and the outlet. To my more amazement, and maybe out of luck, the pump worked fine with no extra noises or fuse trips while it was on dedicated outlet and this piece of wire.Problem got more perplexing? Is this...
  5. Solomon

Hi. I did this today using CL390 KLEIN TOOLS clamp multimeter. While set to 40A position, it reads 00.03 ~00.04 when not clamped to any source . When I clamped it around the ex cord while pump running, it read 00.12 ~ 00.13. When I plugged the pump to dedicated outlet, it read 0030 ~00.40 and...
  6. Solomon

Hi Paulypfunk and Thank you very much for your concern. Unfortunately,I was busy with my son's medical issue in these two days. I'll do the test tomorrow and will post the results. Thank you again and hail to curiosity and perseverance! Solomon.
  7. Solomon

Thank you so much Paulypfunk. I'm going to get one and I'll post the results. Have a great day!
  8. Solomon

Hi every body. My outdoor submersible 4/10 HP 15 years old Myers pump tripped the circuit breaker several times before I removed its plug from the dedicated outlet in the sump well and put it on a 100 feet extension cord connected to my garage outlet. It worked for several weeks with no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks