Recent content by Ron Benchetrit

1. Ron Benchetrit

Well pump intermittently struggling to refill pressure tank

Thanks for the feedback, The altitude of the blue well cap is unfortunately at grade, level with the ground outside of the gray hard plastic liner. I know it's supposed to be 18+" above grade. The only saving grace is that the surrounding gray liner gives it some space 18" below grade. Also...
  2. Ron Benchetrit

No pit, no water, just soil. My neighbor has a well pit, it's a huge 5'x5'x'5 concrete box with a jet-pump on the floor. What I have is a pipe with what is most likely a pitless adapter a few feet beneath the wellcap. I've never opened the wellcap in the 4 years I've lived here...although I'm...
  3. Ron Benchetrit

Air - correct, the faucets are all water, no air sputtering at all. Check valve - my plumber 3 yrs ago said it helped to protect the pump, but now I see how it can mask an issue below. I can run some testing without it. Sound - right, I don’t hear the pump, what I hear is a low hum vibration...
  4. Ron Benchetrit

Thanks for the feedback. We've gotten tons of rain lately, the issue even occurred during a rain storm, so I'm thinking that the well is plenty full. The black valve is normally closed, I only used it for testing/voiding the pressure tank. However there could be air trapped in the new...
  5. Ron Benchetrit

Hi all, We’ve recently done some work replacing the plumbing between our pressure tank, water softener, GE Filter and UV Filter with PEX lines. Pressure in all house faucets and shower are fine. The pressure switch looks ok turning the pump on at 45psi and off at 65psi. When all is good, the...