Recent content by Pbjman

1. Pbjman

Shower drain - will this pass inspection?

I can’t get you a picture, but if you want to know the drain is a schluter drain with a 2” outlet, about 4” of 2” PVC vertical then reduced to 1-1/2 Just above the trap. The trap and drain line are 1-1/2” PVC. Thanks
  2. Pbjman

OK We can all agree that he is not a great plumber. Assuming inspector continues to allow the 1-1/2” line (they often do on tub to shower conversions) can this be vented with an AAV?. The actual AAV could be in the closet next to the shower. Thanks to all who have helped!
  3. Pbjman

Hi Cacher. The distance from the trap to the stack is about 5-1/2 feet.
  4. Pbjman

Hi HJ thanks for the reply. He actually does have a license. I've used him several times. Maybe have been lucky so far? I think a lot of times the inspectors let things slide on remods and grandfather in existing stuff but not this time. Aren't 1-1/2 shower drains allowed now? (michigan)...
  5. Pbjman

Hi Plumber 69 thanks for replying, but I don't understand your sketch.
  6. Pbjman

Hi I'm remodeling a bathroom. (Doing the construction myself, but my plumber pulled his own permit and did that part of the work.) Pulled the tub and converted to shower, moved the drain to center. The drain stack is cast iron. Here is the pic of how the drains went into the stack before...