Recent content by NickG

1. NickG

Something wrong with new Toto

I replaced an American Standard with a Toto and I already feel something is wrong. I can't plug the Toto up. I've given it some good tests but, when I flush, everything goes down and rather quickly I might add. My American Standard used to plug up all the time. Not the case for my new Toto...
  2. NickG

Toto tank wobbly

Eh, it's done LOL!! I ain't going back. I did set it in place without the ring. The back edge was high. I knew it would be from the way the other toilet did it. This one was just a little higher. The one thing that lends to to just forget about it at this point is that the front is...
  3. NickG

Toto tank wobbly

Thanks, Gary. You did understand me correctly. That was a two-part question. My tank issues did refer to the actual tank. As far as the base and the floor, I had to do this with the previous toilet too, but that one simply was not so bad. Then again, that one did not have any floor...
  4. NickG

Toto tank wobbly

I installed a Toto and I'm scared to turn the tank nuts to the point that allows the tank to set on the base so it doesn't wobble. I feel like the tank SHOULD set on the base, but I worry that is too much stress on the floor of the tank at the bolts. You always hear, "Be careful not to...
  5. NickG

New water heater question

The water heater I removed was about 15-20 years old. When it drained, the water was red, so I know I was only using about half it's capacity. Of course, we had the thermostat turned to "HIGH". So When I go the new heater, I thought for sure we could get away with turning down th...
  6. NickG

Any reason to have hot/cold pies run into one?

While installing the water heater, I realized that the hot and cold lines eventually meet and go to a single line that is no longer used, so it is shut off by a valve on that run of piping. But why would anyone ever run the hot and cold together???
  7. NickG

Sewer smell when laundry tub fills

Bump. Still kinda wondering. I see now that it doesn't do it every time, but still sometimes.
  8. NickG

Drake - How important is sanigloss?

I figured the SG was worth buying. Then I found out it is only on the white toilets. I want an almond toilet. Does it rinse as well as any other toilet even without the SG?
  9. NickG

That's what I said. When the laundry tub fills. I meant the sink that the washer dumps into. Sorry if I wasn't clear :) No well. I'm on city water. This started happening a few months ago.
  10. NickG

When the laundry tub fills, I get that sewer gas smell in the basement. My assumption is that a vent pipe is clogged. Any other suggestions to look for? If it is the pipe, do I rent a snake and try to clear it out?
  11. NickG

Want to make sure I get the right water heater

I appreciate the advice. I went shopping around today and got real confused. Then I thought about it and thought about it and finally realized that a new GE from Home Depot is still worlds better than the 20-year old Montgomery Wards that was being taken out. I opted for the 12-year, 50...
  12. NickG

Want to make sure I get the right water heater

Found this site while researching toilets. GREAT SITE!!! I'm replacing a 40 gal. gas water heater. It has been needing replacement for years now. We run out of hot water way too fast. Well, it has finally gone kaput. Its leaking from somewhere and I'm going to R&R it in the morning...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks