Recent content by Mini Me

1. Mini Me

How do I insert an irrigation inline valve below the valve that is controlling the hose ?

This guys disagrees, see see Kubisuros comments https://community.rachio.com/t/feedback-on-setup-need-help-with-backup-preventer/14221
  2. Mini Me

How do I insert an irrigation inline valve below the valve that is controlling the hose ?

I was hopping for something shorter :) I knew that with the right number of adapters I will be able to do it, thank you!
  3. Mini Me

This is a follow up or a continuation of this thread Here is what I have And I nee d to insert an 1" female to female Orbit in line sprinkler valve between the green handle valve and the hose It is 1" because this is what I got , the delta cost for going to 3/4" does not make the things...
  4. Mini Me

Gilmor Oscillating sprinkler vs Garden Aquazoom Oscillating Sprinkler -the first one shows very poor performance -why?

Hi guys I have this old Gardena Aquazoom https://www.amazon.ca/Aquazoom-3900-Square-Oscillating-Sprinkler-Adjustable/dp/B002VED42O Today I bought two of these (returning them tomorrow) https://www.rona.ca/en/product/oscillating-sprinkler-with-base-aqua-grey-20245026 Using the same supply...
  5. Mini Me

Need to replace a quarter turn ball valve with a full port ball valve to get full pressure outside the house for irrigations

Don't know what to say, I tried that in the store and it did not feel like it would go properly in when I used iron pipe However the other reason stands, it would have been too complicated to connect from the full port control valve to the pipe using fittings so I preferred to eliminate the...
  6. Mini Me

Need to replace a quarter turn ball valve with a full port ball valve to get full pressure outside the house for irrigations

OK I decided to replace the Iron Pipe that was sticking out of the ground with a garden hose that I will remove at the end of the season. I will use that end to also connect an air compressor to winterize the system. I decided not to use iron pipe there for two reasons: -the thread was tapered...
  7. Mini Me

Had no idea that such thing exists, that would eliminate the control valve that I have inside
  8. Mini Me

I think I did mentioned somewhere that I plan to buy install these but they are not represented in the drawings, see the posts that have Sketchup drawing attached
  9. Mini Me

THIS WAS A VERY GOOD POINT I totally forgot about that valve that I turn off when the cold weather is here Damn ..that ruined all this work. I am not prepared to change that valve, it requires removing drywall, soldering in a tight space. Maybe I should bite the bullet and do it I am the one who...
  10. Mini Me

THANK YOU! How about the street tee...that one is brutal to search as it can be spelt in a thousands ways Found this one but there is no way to say if it is 3/8" at the female ends or it is 1/2". the parts you suggested above are all 1/2" at the male end so I guess I need 1/2" female...
  11. Mini Me

this is killing me, I can't find similar parts at Canadian suppliers or on Amazon.ca, either they don't exist OR I do not know what other equivalent key words or terms to use because it seems there is lots of these equivalent terms
  12. Mini Me

My copper female adapter needed tape so it is not tappered. From what I read the tapperd fittings don't need tape
  13. Mini Me

Plumbing is really confusing when it comes to threads ...a damn mess I am seeing this https://flixwater.com/npt-vs-mip-fitting/ and this https://cloudfront.zoro.com/img/zoro_tips/pipe_thread_definitions_eZtip.pdf Both docs agree that NPT is tapered and not straight so it won't fit my copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks