Mike Swearingen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

  • I Read a really good reply to the question (Type of Pipe Used When Driving a Well-Point?? July 2007). You answered many of my questions with your reply. I was hoping you could answer some more.
    I have a plugged sand point. My plan is to pull up the old pipe / well point, replace the point and drive it back down again.

    1. Can I reuse the pipe (1 1/4" Galvanized. installed in '98)? If not, is it special pipe? I work at Lowe's and the Galvanized conduit in electrical looks like the same pipe (same thickness and coupling already on one end). However, I believe it's in 10' lengths.
    2. If I replace the pipe, can I just keep the same total length and not worry about testing the water at each depth?
    2. The well company that came out to look at my problem said most points are 3'. From your post, it looks like you recommend 4 or 5'?
    3. You said in your post "3 joints and a point". Does that mean 3 - 5' lengths of pipe and 1 - 3,4 or 5' well point?

    Thanks for your help!
    Hey John! How are you? It has definitely been a long time. Don't do as much on DIY Internet sites as I used to. Great to hear from you!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks