Recent content by Matthew Ravas

1. Matthew Ravas

Sewer Belly

We've had snow, but it hasn't melted. We've had no rain, so nothing to test with. I'll take a look at the alarm. At this point, I'm leaning towards having them backfill the hole from the first repair and reevaluate the need for the second repair.
  2. Matthew Ravas

Sewer Belly

Since replacing the clean out and the pipe to the road, there is almost nothing in the clean out. Before that, there was standing water in it as well.
  3. Matthew Ravas

Sewer Belly

The deciding factor was about 7k. We did replace the clean out entirely as it was cracked/smashed. We learned that a previous repair from before we purchased the house had resulted in the worker jamming a four inch pipe up against the cracked six inch pipe and pouring concrete over top to make...
  4. Matthew Ravas

Sewer Belly

No one mentioned anything about sediment, just standing water. As the line is, at minimum, sixty years old, I also don't know if it's only a matter of time anyway and I might as well have it done now. On the other hand, it's 12k that I'd rather not give away for a problem that might not yet exist.
  5. Matthew Ravas

Sewer Belly

Other than the fact that, anecdotally, none of our neighbors have reported a backup, I wouldn't know. Most the backups have resulted in two gallons or less in total coming up. Only once was it severe enough to put about an inch of standing water in the basement, and that was after about 36...
  6. Matthew Ravas

Sewer Belly

Hello everyone, I have a 125 year old house in the Pittsburgh area that I've owned for about five years. My downspouts empty into my sewer line, so, once in awhile, a long lasting rainstorm would cause water to back up through a floor drain in our basement. I've had my sewer line looked at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks