Recent content by lsc87

1. L

How to eliminate unwanted heads

I have two sprinkler heads in two separate areas I want to get rid of. I haven't dug them up yet to see if they're in the middle of a pipe or at the end of one, but what should I keep in mind when pulling them out? If the head is cut into a line, do I just pull it out and patch it up with a...
  2. L

Intermatic WH Timer Problem

At first, I figured I HAD wired it wrong and somehow bypassed the feed to the clock itself, but the two clock leads are hooked up correctly. I double checked the diagram. Evidence of this is that the timer DID work for a week, until I re-set the time for a power outage. After I asked for help...
  3. L

Intermatic WH Timer Problem

I know this is electrical, but it goes with a water heater, so I hope to find some help here. I cannot get a standard, "yellow dial in a gray box" water heater timer to keep time. The manual switch works fine, so there's no problem with the wiring. And for about a week, the clock triggered...
  4. L

How to winterize sprinkler pump

Let me clarify, all the lines underground will be professionally blown out. I'm only asking about the pump. I guess it's pretty obvious I need to get all the water out of it. Next question is, if that's true, does the pump just sit there dry all winter? And what about going 2-3 weeks between...
  5. L

How to winterize sprinkler pump

I use a 1hp jet pump in my basement to supply water to a sprinkler system. I live in the northeast, so winter's coming. The sprinkler guy is coming to blow out the lines. What do I do with the Wayne jet pump over the winter? Right now there's still water in it. I will disconnect the supply...
  6. L

Sprinkler pump won't prime

I have a new 1.5 hp sprinkler pump to draw surface water. The pump is next to the lake, with 12 feet of 2" hose between the pump and water, with a checkvalve at the end of the pipe. The vertical distance is 3 feet. Then I have 70 feet of 1 1/4 inch pvc going to the sprinklers. I had it...
  7. L

Correct Pump to draw water from lake

About the pump coming before the sprinkler system, right now the sprinklers are fed by city water, and I get plenty of pressure. I don't know the flow or pressure coming in from the street, however. thanks for all the help Doug
  8. L

More info on my sprinkler system The company that installed the sprinkler heads says I needs 10-12 gallons per minute, at 40-50 PSI. Lift from lake to pump is 5 feet with a 70 foot pipe run. Then the pump has to push it up another 5 feet thru a 3/4" copper pipe for about 20 feet. Hope this...
  9. L

So which pump do I need... the lower quality jet pump, would that do it? Go ahead Bob, close the deal! thanks Doug
  10. L

Pumps I have tried Here is the link to the 1 1/2 hp Sprinkler Pump: http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=WLS150 Here is the 1hp shallow well pump that gave me low pressure (the low pressure had nothing to do with the attached tank)...
  11. L

I am trying to use clear, cool lake water to supply my 5 zone sprinkler system. First I had a 1hp shallow well pump that gave me 75% of the pressure I need. I was told (on another forum) that I had the wrong type of pump, so I got a 1 1/2 hp Wayne Sprinkler Pump. With that, I can't get ANY water...