Recent content by L squad

1. L squad

Premade CSST fitting to round corner between iron

The routing in this case was a bit difficult. I was in a crawlspace that was 4 inches from bottom of joist to soil. I had to premake a 10' pipe with an elbow and 10" riser. . I sent the pipe into the space and turned it upwards through a hole I drilled in the floor. Cut another hole to get a...
  2. L squad

Applied 100% silicone in corner between 2 boards - now how to waterproof in that corner?

Hydroban liquid membrane and fabric in the corner. Liquid membrane doesn't stick the best to silicone, but the fabric will bridge the gap. We coat all our showers completely in the hydroban. You could shower in it after it's dry. Let it dry completely before a second coat
  3. L squad

I've researched the swing joint. And it seems like a good fix. Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why, but I thought that would be some sort of jerry-rig to have a bunch of fittings like that and I discounted it immediately. I think a couple of St 90's will get me the angle I need. I really...
  4. L squad

Laundry Sink Slowdown - My White Whale

I agree. Cut it, Clean it and repipe. I flipped an old house a few years ago and when I cut the 2" main sink line near the floor penetration, it had a drainage path no wider than my pinky finger through it. Just stuffed with a red clay style grease. I did the same thing. Called roto rooter...
  5. L squad

Smell when furnace is running/heater /air conditioner running

Building may be tight. But if the door to the furnace room is being pulled closed, then the system seems to have a massive hole in it. From my understanding. All the air entering the system should come from the returns. Not the room the furnace is in.
  6. L squad

Smell when furnace is running/heater /air conditioner running

I had a friend who had a smelly furnace. Turns out the condensate line was clogged. all the water created by the A/C was about 2 inches deep in the drain pan just sitting there stale. it just blew the stink around every time it was turned on.. After the water was drained the smell went away...
  7. L squad

I have 2 runs of black iron pipe. One from the meter (old), and one that I ran back in a crawlspace from a stove. (New) My plan was to get them close and use a union where they met. Got it all doped up and needed 1 more fitting to be finished. Problem is.... the pipe rounds a corner at an angle...
  8. L squad

Lead wipe joint

Thanks. Yes I only wanted a bit more flow. But I can cut the copper very low and transition to larger pipe just above the joint. I had also looked at lead loc. Couldn't find a US dealer though
  9. L squad

Lead wipe joint

Hello. I have an old lead service that has a 1/2" piece of copper shoved inside and a wipe joint. I want to remove the 1/2" copper and replace with a 3/4" pack joint coupling to allow more flow. Question is..... do I just simply heat the fitting to remove the copper? Not much is...
  10. L squad

Side inlet quarter bend usage

I know this thread is older but im in a similar position and found this.. Are we sure i cannot use the side inlet if I'm directly under the toilet. .Like 3 inches below . Its being used as the closet flange.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks