Recent content by Keesa

1. Keesa

Where can I buy monoflo tees in Canada?

I am retrofitting my very old single loop hydronic baseboard system with modern radiators. I have been scouring the internet to find monoflo tees to make the conversion but apparently nobody carries this item which is available at the Home Depot in the USA for $9 (no they won't ship to the...
  2. Keesa

Will Thermostatic Radiator Valves Work in Series Layout?

Think I'm going to do a little more plumbing and put in monoflow tees to try and "balance" the system better, than using thermostatic valves would be far more effective.
  3. Keesa

No I have four separate zones with about four rooms on each loop.
  4. Keesa

They are Stelrad K1 and K2 series. They didn't come with valves I had to order them separately, my understanding is that no new radiators come with valves. Can't find any literature on whether or not they have an internal bypass.
  5. Keesa

Hi I have an old 4 zone thermostatic baseboard system with each zone piped in series. I was able to acquire several Stelrad radiators and intend to replace most of the baseboards with them. My question is how would thermostatic valves work in such a situation? If the water flow is restricted...
  6. Keesa

Replacing Hydronic Baseboards With Modern Radiators

It is a serial loop. All of my reading has led me to believe that flow restriction is not the issue it is whether or not the pipe size can accommodate the necessary BTUs the radiator requires. It used to supply up to 35 ft of baseboard at 550BTU ft (19250 BTU) which makes sense for the larger...
  7. Keesa

Replacing Hydronic Baseboards With Modern Radiators

I am replacing all of my old hydronic baseboards with modern radiators to increase heat to room that had inadequate coverage and to free up wall space. I have done all the heat loss calculations and have the rads properly sized for each room. My question is my supply lines are 3/4 inch is...
  8. Keesa

Replacing pneumatic tank with bladder tank

Thanks I will try that tomorrow. Whats a good rate? Just finished looking down the well while running the water to see if any water was coming out of a bleeder valve, watched for ten minutes and nothing. Though the pressure does seem better. Maybe air in the lines or the pump is starting to...
  9. Keesa

The issue happens whether the pump is running or not. Does the bleeder only open when the pump is running or when there is water being pulled from the tank to the open facet?
  10. Keesa

Just wanted to know if not removing the bleeder valve down the well might cause this?
  11. Keesa

The pressure continually drops to a trickle over about ten minutes of run time, then is fully recharged after the tap is off for five minutes.
  12. Keesa

FYI I don't have a cycle stop valve
  13. Keesa

So all installed. Water runs strong for a bit and then slowly loses pressure, would that indicate that I have to pull the pump? Thanks so much.
  14. Keesa

Replaced Pneumatic with Bladder Tank Water Pressure Issues

Hi, I recently replace my old pneumatic tank with a new bladder tank, everything works great, for a bit and then the water pressure at the taps begins to slowly drop, regardless of what the pressure in the tank is at. Removed the air snifter from the piping outside the old tank not sure if...
  15. Keesa

Sorry long time since Ive responded, tackling the tank today, does this trick only work if I have a CSV? Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks