Recent content by Jarniscipus

1. Jarniscipus

Moen Flo Help - making me crazy!

That is how I feel about it now, it's another tech gadget controlling my life - I have lost my personal choice, could be time to unplug it.
  2. Jarniscipus

Moen Flo Help - making me crazy!

I installed a Moen Flo and it is a total nightmare so far because it did not learn what a water softener regen is. Everytime the water softener regens it shuts off during the brine draw cycle and the softener needs cycled again manually and the Moen needs watched for the shut down alert. I...
  3. Jarniscipus

Help with buying a water softener

I recently moved to the San Diego area and am trying to find somewhere local I can pick up a good water softener or online (that will ship). My problem is that I want to install it myself and being new to the area I can't find anyone who sells to a home owner without installing it and the...
  4. Jarniscipus

Moen Flo and Sense Guard Questions

Hi all - I have a few questions about these water devices and I have searched many helpful threads here, but I have a few lingering questions: Moen Flo: I don't feel warm and fuzzy around the plastic union nuts that connect their device. I would be concerned afer 10-20 years of the nuts...
  5. Jarniscipus

Dishwasher drain questions

Thanks everyone, I think I am going to try Terry's suggestion with the tailpiece and loop and see how that works out. Then I can avoid this constant business of cloggeed disposals
  6. Jarniscipus

Dishwasher drain questions

Hi everyone, I have two drain questions for the dishwasher and I have searched, but can't find clear answers, hoping someone can help. My dishwasher, which I just replaced with a nice Bosch, drains into the garbage disposal and has an air gap. First, I don't like the air gap and want to...
  7. Jarniscipus

Pipe Dope, Plumbers Putty, or Teflon Tape?

I use megaloc on everything and it never leaks and wipes off clean with a rag so you can't see anything, except air or sensitive stuff where I can't have dope I use blue monster teflon - the monster works great, no air leaks for me...the white roll thin stuff when i see it gets trashed. I am a...
  8. Jarniscipus

PEX flow queston

Thanks guys, this is what I was afraid of...22 percent diameter reduction is a lot. I think i will go to 1 1/4 to be safe, same difference installing it and not much more in cost as you mentioned . One thing I should have tried is to watch the irrigation zones with the most heads run and see...
  9. Jarniscipus

PEX flow queston

Hi all, I'm a little worried about a job and I have asked 3 other plumbers live who do not know the answer so I don't feel so lost at least...hoping the knowledge is here. Plan is to run a 1" PEX service line about 60 feet from meter to house to replace blown polybutylene service. I am...
  10. Jarniscipus

Severe water hammer when irrigation starts up

Valveman you are the man! I closed the valve until the point where the sprinklers just started chocking out and it solved the problem!!!!
  11. Jarniscipus

Hi, it happens right before the pump starts up. I think the 1000 feet of empty line is like opening a valve immediatly. The air pressure is 20 PSI less than the pump. Someone suggested I try a dole valve before the irrigation valve to prevent the rapid 30+ GPM from occurring. I think a...
  12. Jarniscipus

Hi everyone, I have severe water hammer in my indoor copper pipes when my irrigation system starts up on the first zone. I am on a well, 1 ¼” feed to expansion tank at approximately 25 GPM well pump, 65 PSI set if I recall, 1” irrigation line, 20 feet is copper and then 200 feet of poly to the...
  13. Jarniscipus

Severe water hammer with irrigation system on flow start not stop

Thanks Reach, I will set it at 48 and try a Dole valve once I get the specs. I will also post back this week sometime or next if the bang comes back, I am sure it will. Can I put a Dole valve outside after the vaccum breaker? That would be very easy to do, rather than fiddling around inside...
  14. Jarniscipus

If I am not mistaken, which I probably am from memory recall, I think it puts out approximately 25 GPM at the surface after consideration of a 350 foot head, it is for sure somewhere in the range of 24-27 GPM, at least that is what I was told. It really rips putting water out a 3/4" hose in the...
  15. Jarniscipus

It is a 65/70 system 99% of the time on all normal water use, except when the irrigation starts on zone 1. If you watch it to 1:31 the pressure goes back up to about 66 and stays there with the sprinklers on, so it does run at 66 PSI on that zone. My irrigation line on #1 zone on pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks