Recent content by James Glenn

1. James Glenn

Tankless Garage Hot Water Heater Questions

Thanks for all the info. I was able to make all the needed adjustments and the system is functioning very well. Nice to have it warm while I was working on my son's car yesterday.
  2. James Glenn

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who gave me such great advice. I redesigned the flow and added the Taco 008. I tested and fired up the system yesterday and was amazed. It runs incredibly efficiently and I now have only a 50 degree drop between outflow and inflow. It may be smaller...
  3. James Glenn

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who gave me such great advice. I redesigned the flow and added the Taco 008. I tested and fired up the system yesterday and was amazed. It runs incredibly efficiently and I now have only a 50 degree drop between outflow and inflow. It may be smaller...
  4. James Glenn

Thanks. I'll let them know that the 008 is fine to ship. Thanks for the advice.
  5. James Glenn

I had another expert recommend the 008. Is this going to be a mistake? I can probably contact SupplyHouse and get the 007 as it is the weekend and the other one probably won't ship until Monday.
  6. James Glenn

Thanks, that's helpful. I really do want to get this right.
  7. James Glenn

Thanks for the help. I went ahead and moved the expansion tank and location of the circulation pump. I ordered a Taco 008 pump and removed the watts pump. I've got the expansion tank and air scoop on the suction side of the circulation pump on the cold water inlet. I have a solid run of copper...
  8. James Glenn

Tankless heater as a heat source

Sorry for the long gap in reply. I'm going to move the pump location and use the 008 in place of the Watts 500800. I'll put the expansion tank and the air scoop on the suction side of the cold water return. I added another 15 fin cast iron radiator and that seems to balance things well. Do...
  9. James Glenn

Tankless Hot Water Garage Heater

I've designed a hot water heater in my garage that works well, but I'm wondering if the pump is under-powered for the application and if what I've got set up is safe. I have 23 feet of 3/4 in copper pipe (inclusive of elbows using a conversion chart). I have 3 feet of galvanized pipe (all...
  10. James Glenn

I've designed a hot water heater in my garage that works well, but I'm wondering if the pump is under-powered for the application and if what I've got set up is safe. I have 23 feet of 3/4 in copper pipe (inclusive of elbows using a conversion chart). I have 3 feet of galvanized pipe (all...
  11. James Glenn

Thanks for the info. I'll get some pictures uploaded tonight.
  12. James Glenn

I have a 4.5 GPM tankless water heater supporting a hydronic heating system in my garage. Right now I have a Watts 500800 recirculating pump on the hot water side right after the Taco air scoop and pressure relief tank. The water runs through the pump and up to a blower (radiator) and back down...