Recent content by JackLambert

1. JackLambert

Simple Bathroom Plumbing Job - Inspector Issues

Correct, this is all on one floor, nothing coming down from upstairs. Can you provide the link from the site you got that from? I would love to pull that up and show it to him on his next visit. Pretty sure he's just upset - as I alluded to already, he has flat out told me that he...
  2. JackLambert

At this point, I'm ready to go lookup the laws on what happens if I just never call him back and let the permit expire. Do they come arrest me? Do they fine me some significant amount? Do they send guys with bulldozers to knock my shop over because there's un-approved plumbing in there...
  3. JackLambert

The connection of the 3" stack to the 4" outflow line is going to be a 45+Wye - sorry for my poor drawing skills there. So the 45+Wye issue is NOT his complaint about me connecting to the vent stack - he is now saying that I can't connect anything to that stack (which I can't understand --...
  4. JackLambert

And here is my original plan, which the inspector shot down (concrete placement shown in this one). As with the one I just posted, this one correctly shows what is horizontal an what is veritcal.
  5. JackLambert

Here's a better diagam (and simplified to show just the current beef the inspector has with my setup - leaves out the original plan that was to drain lav into pipe below toilet). In this diagram, things are correctly shown as vertical and horizontal - no guessing. :) My plan is in black...
  6. JackLambert

Follow up note: his issue with draining into the vent stack is NOT the long-sweep-at-bottom of vent required. (swaping out the sanT for a long sweep T was already on the list of things todo - I was going to dig up and replace with a long-sweep (that part is fairly easy to dig out and get to, as...
  7. JackLambert

Hello, So, I have a shop that I am putting a bathroom in. Should be a just stupid-simple job, right? Well, I have an inspector that seems to be making up code rules just to bust my balls (he's openly stated that he doesn't think homeowners shouldn't ever touch plumbing, and that I should...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks