Recent content by HomeBuyer

1. HomeBuyer

Plumbing 1950s house on slab

Galvanized piping can last 20 - 100 years depending on the installation and water supply We installed 3" galvanized in a pipe tunnel for the potable water system on Roosevelt Island (NY) in the early 1970s with provisions to prevent electrolytic action from taking place RE: corrosion on...
  2. HomeBuyer

Sylvan, the report says that they couldn't’ get past a certain “sanT” so couldn't get a pic of the pipe — WHY would they not try inserting camera from the street? The house is right on the street and I wouldn’t think that distance would be a problem? This was a Mr Rooter franchise that did the...
  3. HomeBuyer

MORE INFO: The property has municipal water (since first plumbed in mid 50s) Now I have Home inspection report Water Piping : Copper and galvanized piping visible/appears serviceable Waste lines: ABS Plastic visible/appears serviceable Last month, in order to have reports ready for a buyer...
  4. HomeBuyer

So you’d do it (re-pipe the supply) proactively? even if there was no evidence of leak in a ‘pressure test’?
  5. HomeBuyer

I have entered a contract to purchase a house and I’m in the inspections stage. I want to be sure I’m not taking on a big project so I’m getting all kinds of inspections and reading a lot and have lots of questions. 1) I am assuming that it was plumbed with galvanized pipes for water and cast...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks