Recent content by Hardyh

1. Hardyh

Deep well issues with slowing refill rates and lowering static head

Ok thank you, would a driller be able to tell if digging deeper would reach such a formation? There are only a couple of drillers in our area and they should know the aquifers by now - our driller specifically has also done two neighbors up the hill and our provincial well records are all...
  2. Hardyh

Would our 300ft depth count or do you mean deeper than that? In your experience do people who deepen their wells by 100ft or so improve the yield or does it just make a bit more storage space down there?
  3. Hardyh

The tank is what we're going to do for now anyways, it will be outside in a 'tank room' but we're going to redirect just enough heat to it to prevent freezing. Another neat trick I noticed someone else around here do is add a 'circulating branch' to the tank output side - anytime the second...
  4. Hardyh

I've been troubleshooting a five year old well and have noticed what seemed like a slowing of the refill rate in the last year or two. I've also noticed a drop in the static head level since it was installed. When drilled we had a static head of 40ft and a refill rate of about an hour, I just...
  5. Hardyh

Considering a CSV but I have a yard hydrant at the well.

And what is the common method for installing a CSV when the well is outdoors without a well house and all connections are buried about 3ft down? We don't have the worst winters but it is Canada so frost is an issue from November to April.
  6. Hardyh

Thank you, we already have a 2500 gal tank up at the second house - it just isn't tied into the system right now. This used to be used for water delivery before we ran a water line so we could share the well. It would be a fair bit more work to bury it somewhere close to the well since it is...
  7. Hardyh

The pump is a 3/4 5GPM. The cycle sensor does shut the pump off when this happens, I have the reset time set one hour. The original installer noted the well yielded 2GPM . Would a CSV still be able to work with this?
  8. Hardyh

Just to add, I am pretty sure the pressure drop is primarily the result of me using the yard hydrant to fill a pond overnight - I have it on a timer and it only comes on for about 4 minutes at a time spread out at 1 hr intervals. But this is the only major change between the winter (when we...
  9. Hardyh

Here is our setup, I got some help here last year regarding a recurring dry pump situation (thank you very much!). Everything worked great over the winter but I think that our combined houses water use (with little gardens, etc) in the summer is still affecting the system. Here is an image of...
  10. Hardyh

Water smell, but only in last sink in the house

Thanks, I will try that again - I do remember backwashing as we installed a hydrant right by the well and I cycled it for quite a while before sending the chlorine through the rest of the system. I didn't do the vinegar though.
  11. Hardyh

I'm going to check the drain/overflow again as well as the supply lines - I can't seem to smell anything if I put some water into a glass and smell it. I'm not 100% sure it is the water after all, I just thought that dealing with the sink once would have removed that as a source.
  12. Hardyh

We didn't have any smells when we were on the shallow well, it didn't start until we switched to the new one. I'm not sure it has anything to do with it but I thought it might be relevant.
  13. Hardyh

The well is 4 or 5 years old now, I tried sanitizing based on something like this guide about a year after the well was drilled when I first tried to figure out the smell issue. I think the process did have a short term effect but the smell was back within a month or less, I have repeated the...
  14. Hardyh

Ok, I will try that too thank you. Would older pipes potentially cause the same thing? The house is plumbed with poly b, probably 20-30 years old.
  15. Hardyh

Initially I thought it was the drain/sink/overflow so I replaced the sink and the p-trap. The smell just started when we switched from our shallow well to a new deep well.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks