Recent content by GS_Texas

1. GS_Texas

Water pressure drops, then returns to normal (pressure regulating valve issue?)

Thanks, Reach4. I can get a drag link socket. I'll give that a try.
  2. GS_Texas

I located the pressure reducing valve (photo attached), but I have not been able to turn the adjustment screw (flat head). I was able to loosen the nut with some WD-40 (though I don't think it was in the lock position when I started). The adjustment screw felt very tight either way and has not...
  3. GS_Texas

Thanks for the advice. I'll test this, probably tomorrow morning, and let you know what I find :)
  4. GS_Texas

Problem still there. I just shut off the water heater inlet and made sure the valve was indeed shut by turning on a hot water faucet until the water slows to a dribble and stopped. Then, I turned on the regular cold water and the pressure drop is still there, perhaps a little more pronounced...
  5. GS_Texas

I will test the house water supply (& pressure) with the water heater inlet valve turned off and let you know what I find; indeed, hot water would temporarily be unavailable. Later, I'll repeat, as needed, this test right after a hot shower (with all other water usage on hold). Pressure drop &...
  6. GS_Texas

So, your potential explanation, if I understand correctly, is that the water heater may have built up pressure and that pressure is pushing back on the inlet side, but the PRV is a one-way valve that doesn't permit "pressure relief" back towards city water supply. Thus, even though we are...
  7. GS_Texas

Hi Reach4, I may not have a thermal expansion tank. I don't see it anywhere near my water heater.
  8. GS_Texas

For two weeks now, our house water pressure oddly drops briefly, then returns to normal. This started after returning from a trip (about a month of no use). Video (https://tinyurl.com/y9oybl5c) We have city water. About 1 year ago, we called a plumber to adjust our low water pressure; the...
  9. GS_Texas

Friendship is out there!

Friendship is out there!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks