Recent content by Flapper

1. Flapper

Watch out for old Gate Valves

I once shut off a gate valve to a water heater that probably wasn't turned in 15 years... and it broke soo to fix it I had to shut off the main (gate) valve... and it broke too... ended up being a challenging and expensive plumbing project, and I wanted to do it right and solder copper but it...
  2. Flapper

Drinking fountain whining sound

feed water through it backwards to dislodge debris
  3. Flapper

Clicking noise from pipe when turning on/off faucets

It's not likely to harm anything. Unless the sound is annoying enough to cut into the wall to resupport the tube, don't bother.
  4. Flapper

Hose Bib

They're fairly common but most of them may have a combination of female sweat and male thread connection making them harder to find Here's one http://www.homedepot.com/p/203581016 you could also consider a ball-valve with a hose connection...
  5. Flapper

Leaking shut off ball valve

You could maybe unscrew the valve at that point, clean the threads, apply sealant and screw it back together (tight). No guarantees it won't leak but why not try
  6. Flapper

RPZA+PRV galvanized pipe exposed loop leaking; need to rebuild!

A bypass is now in place :D I'm aware of the pressure issues, and am using a PRV with it I know all about that and it will be replaced when the time comes :) True, but I could wrap it all with foil tape. At our other house we have a loop with a vacuum breaker, made of PVC and wrapped with tape...
  7. Flapper

RPZA+PRV galvanized pipe exposed loop leaking; need to rebuild!

Last year I found some minor leaks at that gate valve, but didn't fix it as it would require rebuilding this whole thing. Today I took a look at it and discovered that it had gotten worse. Now there's a hissing sound, which I thought was coming from the leaking valve until I dug into the ground...
  8. Flapper

Brasscraft ball valve stops - where to buy them?

supplyhouse.com has them Lowe's sells Keeney 1/4 turn valves which have the metal ball; made in china though
  9. Flapper

PLEASE HELP DOUBLE KITCHEN SINK CLOGGED

Is “Drain-FX” really that bad that you have to resort to dirty advertising methods? :rolleyes:
  10. Flapper

Thoughts on new DIY website...

I'd be interested to see how this turns out :D
  11. Flapper

Help lost screwdriver !

If it works fine, then it is fine, and it will always be fine, and you wouldn't know there's a screwdriver in it if you didn't know there's a screwdriver in it, so don't worry about it and forget about it. Certainly don't call a professional to fish a screwdriver out of the toilet... that is...
  12. Flapper

Weird thing with flushomatic toilet; tube connecting pipe to wall

It is weird to have a tube connecting a toilet flushing machine to the wall to go to a floor drain.
  13. Flapper

Weird thing with flushomatic toilet; tube connecting pipe to wall

Did you not see the parenthesis? And I said "what the heck". You know what I was asking (no?) and you answered it. Why are you arguing about how I asked my question? Nobody cares.
  14. Flapper

Dishwasher Supply Line - Hot or Cold?

I've always seen dishwashers connected to hot
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks