Recent content by Eljay

1. Eljay

Expansion Tank install options with up connection

Clog, You're right about that photo. Definitely not your eyes playing tricks on you. Our house's plumbing isn't the same way. And I've teed off the expansion tank after the shutoff valve. But good heads up for folks who might've glossed over that part in the manual. I wonder how many bladders...
  2. Eljay

Thanks, Mark. Won't the the brass fittings still eventually corrode at the water heater? If they don't leak, would stainless steel 304 or 316 threaded fittings be better (though I have read that there are issues with galling)? I had seen pictures of folks using fittings at the water heater...
  3. Eljay

I can solder. I just don't claim to be good at it. o_O:eek: I've recently soldered about a dozen joints installing a water softener with 1" pipe. The joints definitely aren't pretty. But they don't leak. Do these pictures help?
  4. Eljay

We moved into a home with a PRV but no water heater expansion tank. Leaks around the house have made installing an expansion tank a priority. Better late than never. I see many folks installing tanks horizontally with/without straps or vertically with the connection down. I'd just like to...
  5. Eljay

Canature safety float and air check reliability (white with upper "V" shaped guide)

Your restraint is admirable, sir; you definitely could say, "I told you so!" I had seen your warnings to be wary of online companies here. I'm not going to name the vendor yet. I'm trying to work with them to see if they will honor the advertised system including the 2310 and make things...
  6. Eljay

Resin tank fill proportion

Thank you. I can see the tank is filled about 31.5 out of 48 inches up. Does the general two thirds rule apply without gravel?
  7. Eljay

Canature safety float and air check reliability (white with upper "V" shaped guide)

Anyone have experience with this safety float? I can't find much info on it other than here (post 36628). The pictures in that thread look identical to the one I received. The system should've included a 2310. But, this is what actually arrived. The vendor says it's a Canature part.
  8. Eljay

Resin tank fill proportion

Given a 9"x48" media tank, how far up should the resin be filled assuming there is 1 cu. ft. inside? How much gravel should be inside if required?
  9. Eljay

Flexible hose connection to Fleck steel bypass

I'm definitely feeling much better about the install. I'll be incorporating many suggestions above. But, I've also decided to order a plastic bypass and yoke since I think it'll make thingss easier and I won't have to worry as much about galling or corrosion with the steel bypass. So now...
  10. Eljay

Ah. Always saving the good stuff for people in the know I see. I had searched for it online. The only options for systems I saw were upwards of 50% higher price. I suppose I'll see how the 5600sxt performs and consider swapping it with a 5810 if necessary. Maybe then just put the 5600 on...
  11. Eljay

The plumbing is 1". So, I got the 1" Fleck bypass. I did see that the valve is 3/4". But I was told that it would be sufficient for a two bath home with two people. Was I given poor advice?
  12. Eljay

Looks great. I hadn't thought of that. So the Sharkbite elbows' ability to rotate wouldn't cause problems? Have you done/seen many installations similar to the one pictured using PTC fittings on the house plumbing side? On the bypass side, I suppose I could get a brass elbow like this...
  13. Eljay

A Fleck 5600sxt was purchased a couple of weeks back and will finally be arriving soon. I've been indecisive about how it should be installed. Quotes in the $300-400 range by local professionals had me considering doing it myself. As this would be the first time sweating copper, I thought I...
  14. Eljay

Looking for a Las Vegas plumber to install a water softener

Our water softener, a Culligan Medalist from about 10 years ago, began leaking a little while back. I'll be purchasing a replacement unit, a Fleck 5600sxt, myself and would like someone to install it. Please message me if you do work around the Las Vegas area.
  15. Eljay

Culligan Safety float reusable

It doesn't quite match what's under the elbow in that diagram. But here are some photos. I dug around again and found nothing else is under the elbow. If the goal is to remove any restrictions to the flow of water aside from the the float valve when closed, then removing those two pieces...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks