Recent content by EAB

1. E

Pipe Extenders for 2” Shower Drain

Thanks Wayne. For the fernco, I’m using the one that comes with the Schluter-Kerdi line drain to connect to pvc. The Kerdi line drain is stainless steel so it connects that steel pipe from the bottom of that channel body line drain to the pvc pipe. For the pipe between hubs, I’d say it’s barely...
  2. E

I like the torch idea. What happens if the p trap softens in the process too? If you peel the pipe out and the ptrap is also soft, is it easy to avoid deforming the p trap when you pull the pipe out of the fitting?
  3. E

I assume your response means that you don’t think a 1/2 inch overlap for a fernco is sufficient? The p trap goes directly into another fitting and that fitting goes into a Y that connects to the sink line and the Y is right at the foundation wall and past another joist making it hard to get in...
  4. E

I’m remodeling a bathroom that’s finished out over an old garage slab. 2x8 joists sit basically on top of the old garage slab and plumbing runs between the joists and through the foundation into the crawlspace. I say this because it would be very difficult and require a lot of demo (including...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks