Recent content by DIYMissus

1. DIYMissus

Shower help please is hubby right?

@Reach4 @pritchardsplumbing @John Gayewski @wwhitney Thank you for your help This is my plan based off of your advice. Please excuse my horrible drawings.
  2. DIYMissus

I'm sorry I wasn't clear i should have said the logical place would have been to run the vent up inside the exterior wall directly behind the shower drain . Converting to a wet vent is beyond my current skill level tbh. I think I see a straightforward way to keep it as a dry vent I will...
  3. DIYMissus

TERRY LOVE CELEBRATION OF LIFE

I've been away for awhile. I'm so sorry to see this sad news. He touched so many with kind and helpful advice. Rest in Peace.
  4. DIYMissus

Thank you I'm looking at some proper schematics. Since this is an ICF house I see why they didn't run the vent up an exterior wall.
  5. DIYMissus

Something like this.
  6. DIYMissus

Thanks for your help It's a dry vent - I marked it. The drain goes directly to the main sewer line .
  7. DIYMissus

Hi we're installing a new shower pan and need to move the drain. Hubby says we should connect to the old trap I think we should remove it and run a new drain tying into the existing line. Also can the shower pan be secured to the nailer strips in the ICF wall? Thanks in advance. Cynthia
  8. DIYMissus

ICF help putting in shower next to an ICF wall.

You're right sorry about that I actually came to ask a question about the drain but got distracted. Thank you for the advice!
  9. DIYMissus

ICF help putting in shower next to an ICF wall.

Hi smart and helpful people. The walls are going to be covered in 24 x 48" tile. Is it recommended to attach concrete board directly to the foams nailer strips ? The shower pan is 48 square. Thank you
  10. DIYMissus

Need to replace old softener, company that did original install gave me really high quote, advice appreciated on sourcing my own softener.

With the help of the really smart people here, I figured out what we needed . hubby and I swapped our old water softener for a new twin system ( our hardness is about 120 gpg) it was fairly easy to do. I wouldn't say it is a first ever DIY project but if you have some basic plumbing skills...
  11. DIYMissus

Moen valve body 103258 how do I find which cartridge..?

I have ordered the tool and a genuine moen 1222b cartridge off ebay. I'll get a tube of silicone grease from homeD I'll update when the struggle begins. Thanks guys!
  12. DIYMissus

Thank you very much I thought it might be the 1222 but since this valve body doesnt have the handy shut offs its better to be sure. Is the puller a must have not that I dont want to add another never use again tool to the overflowing tool boxes but ...
  13. DIYMissus

I spent an hour on Google I apologize for being so dimwitted as to waste your precious time.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks