Recent content by DIYer101

1. DIYer101

Kitchen faucet leak

Thank you - yes it doesn't seem to be the spray head connection. But poking around, I finally figured out where the set screw is and pulled out the cartridge. I'll see if I can find a replacement or something. Not sure why some of the rubber gaskets came out but some of them stayed put, but I'll...
  2. DIYer101

Kitchen faucet leak

We're updating the kitchen, and this American Standard faucet leaks from the faucet when I turn on the hot water. I can't seem to find a set screw or anything to access the workings. Background: I removed the sink to figure out how a new sink will fit and where to cut the counter. After...
  3. DIYer101

Where to drain water (condensation from HRV)

Thanks bluebinky. The loop in the condensate drain line is supposed to serve as a trap, although I'm not opposed to having 2 traps. I am hesitant to put the water in the ground anywhere near the house. This house had a little termite issue (decades ago, previous owner, probably due to a leak)...
  4. DIYer101

Where to drain water (condensation from HRV)

I'm planning to put in a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) that will generate a little bit of water from condensation. That water needs to be drained somewhere. Can I just put in a drain anywhere I want? I have existing pipes running through a basement closet I'd like to install the HRV in. So...
  5. DIYer101

Found a new drip. Causes?

I don't have 3 teenagers taking 20 minute showers, so higher pressure is definitely better. I'm not sure if there are water towers here. I'm relatively new to this town and haven't seen one, but that doesn't mean it's not there. There are plenty of hills around to put a reservoir in or hide...
  6. DIYer101

This is done, thanks again. Doing some reading it seems that the boiler does not get adjusted in this case because it's a closed system with its own pressure. I normally trust the plumber, but it seems that the pressure was way low (40ish?) and the expansion tank was still quite high (well...
  7. DIYer101

Thanks, I'm hoping to do this today. Does the boiler expansion tank need to be done as well? I don't think the plumber did that one (but I'm not sure) so it might still be wherever it was before. I ask partly because I think the boiler is letting out some overflow water and I think that's a new...
  8. DIYer101

Interesting, thanks. So it sounds like I just loosen the hex head and go out to the hose bib to check where I'm at (then loosen/tighten some more until I'm where I want to be)? If I figure out how to adjust the expansion tank on the water heater, is that an extra-safe thing to do? Or is that...
  9. DIYer101

1. Photo is below... 2. The hot water heater has one, and he adjusted it (that's the part I'm really not sure how to do). The boiler also has one, but I don't think he did anything with that? 3. Pressure was 75 and we went down to 50 (I just said what do you have at your house...) 4. Pressure...
  10. DIYer101

Thanks, yes it's $100 basically to get the guy to show up. With 2 leaks, I had him come, and we basically replaced what was there from the 1940's or 50's (several extra spigots and "pipes to nowhere" and the water meter was no longer in use). I had him install a pressure-reducing valve since...
  11. DIYer101

Possibly, but it really shouldn't be. The sprinkler guy blew the system back into the house and should have gotten all of that out (or gravity would have gotten the rest over the last 2 days I assume?). The drip hasn't slowed over the last 2 days. Good news: so they had a plumber available to...
  12. DIYer101

Yes, the meter connection is dripping (I guess I really have 2 drips - not just one). I may try tightening. The spout is dripping, although I left it open. What concerns me is how the water is getting through the closed ball valve.
  13. DIYer101

I just found a small drip near the water meter, wondering if you have any suggestions. I'll probably get a plumber out but that may be next week. I never noticed the drip until the sprinklers got winterized. I left the drain to the sprinkler line open, put a bucket down there, and checked back...
  14. DIYer101

Hot tub wiring (outdoor junction box)

Got lucky and found a used hot tub that I couldn't pass on. The old tub that came with the house was not wired "correctly" and I'd like to do this one right. You can see how the spa panel is where it's not supposed to be. I'd like to locate it where the red box is. However, the existing wiring...
  15. DIYer101

Sewer cleanout (and cover) in concrete

Thanks Reach4. I didn't realize they had flush plastic plugs as well. I'm fine with plastic - I like the look of this one below too, but don't know where to get it. I guess the plumber might sell them (the excavation guy is the one who told me about the brass, and he said get it from the plumber).
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks