Recent content by Derek C

1. Derek C

Sprinkler Line Missing Shutoff Valve

I went and got the heat cord and insulation. I’ll attach some pictures of the cord placement and insulation placement (sorry for poor lighting). I would appreciate some feedback since this is the first time I’ve done this!
  2. Derek C

From what I can gather, the whole irrigation system was put in this year, since the previous winter, as the previous owner was remodeling getting ready to sell. I ended up getting the heat tape and insulation for this snow at least, but I will definitely try tapping the pipe. Thanks for the tip!
  3. Derek C

I've attached a picture of the setup. The white PVC leads to a couple manifolds for the sprinklers. I flushed the lines by stopping the right-most valve. I may be totally wrong here, but don't I need to drain the copper pipe preceding that first valve? I thought that pipe would lead to a...
  4. Derek C

Hey everyone! My situation is this: my wife and I recently bought a house in Denver, CO. The first snow of the year is coming up, with temperatures expected to reach a low of 16. In preparation for this, I borrowed an air compressor from my dad and we flushed the sprinkler lines. However, we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks