Recent content by BlueGoldfish

1. BlueGoldfish

What size test-cap for an ABS 2" -> 1.5" slip joint adapter

Hoping this is an easy question for the gurus here - but I've searched for a while and can't figure it out as my measurements don't seem to map to various thread dimension charts. I have a standard 2" ABS vent pipe that has a 1-1/2 threaded trap adapter coming out of the wall. I need to cap...
  2. BlueGoldfish

Should I have put a 3”clean out here?

Wasn’t planning on. We are on the softer side of spectrum for water. This is a relocate of existing laundry that doesn’t have softener and hasn’t been a problem. I did consider one of those ozone machine things to eliminate detergent - but decided it’s probably snake oil after watching a few...
  3. BlueGoldfish

i think that is correct. it was whatever the right combination i needed to get the vent plumb. wish they labelled them clearly on the ABS - seems like I'm always trying to guess a 45 vs a 60 or something...
  4. BlueGoldfish

All fixed. Thanks for the help! Btw - I’m blaming the concrete guys for the lean on my 3” coming out the slab
  5. BlueGoldfish

Critical question not addressed by UPC or IPC

How the heck do you stop the brushes snapping off the lid?
  6. BlueGoldfish

If I understand this comment correctly I would install a 3:3:3 sanitee coming out the slab (with a cleanout), and then a 3:3:2 sanitee branching 2" off to p-trap and then a 3:2 reducer above that to the 2" vent. Is this any different from installing a 3:3:3 sanitee coming out the slab (with a...
  7. BlueGoldfish

roger that. will cut her out and redo it. thanks.
  8. BlueGoldfish

First time doing DWV work... Adding a new washer stub out. Even though I only needed 2” sewer - I ran 3” underslab to this location incase I ever remodel and want a toilet here. I reduce to 2” coming out the slab and then it’s all 2” from there including vent. Of course right after I glued that...
  9. BlueGoldfish

1 1/2" exposed chrome p-trap to 2" ABS - what slip joint?

Cool - thanks. I'll swap the sanitee - not glued up yet. My sanitee location already close to front of stud - so I'm not confident a reducer bushing plus 1.5 trap adapter would stay within the escutcheon. Was hoping there was such a thing as a 2:1.5 trap adapter fitting. thanks for the help -...
  10. BlueGoldfish

1 1/2" exposed chrome p-trap to 2" ABS - what slip joint?

Doing my first sink install... sink has exposed plumbing - and so will use 1.5" chrome p-trap. I have 2" ABS for drain and vent. This seems like such a basic question - but how do I best transition from the 2" sanitee to the 1.5" chrome p-trap. I was hoping for a 2" ABS slipjoint that has 1.5"...