Recent content by aharami

1. aharami

p trap plumbing question. pic included.

I want to say that this thread has been very educational. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped me out. I have decided to re-plumb everything and connect the sink pipe to the toilet pipe thus eliminating the wye that was getting in my way before and connect the shower ptrap...
  2. aharami

Also, I'm assuming I did this incorrectly, right? Since the drain on the left goes down before hitting the vent, it would be considered an s trap. I'd need to take out that 90 degree turn and put in a T, and then connect to the main vent in the attic, right?
  3. aharami

Yes, that's right, no other fixture upstream of the shower wye. Thank you for explaining. Now the question is: can I take the shower ptrap left to right and then make a u into the 3"main using a 3x3x2 wye? See picture
  4. aharami

I just went up to the attic to check how everything is vented, and this 3" pipe is the main vent stack. But from this pipe, there is a 2" vent offshoot going into the second bath. The kitchen and downstairs half bath are below the second bath. So maybe the 2" vent is venting both second bath...
  5. aharami

Thank you for the links and thank you for taking the time to educate such a novice like me. One thing I'm trying to understand is if this is such a big no-no, then how was the old tub draining into this stack without causing problems? I'd assume the builder of this townhouse would've needed to...
  6. aharami

What is the reasoning behind that? As long as everything is joined properly, vent is vent, no?
  7. aharami

Ok thanks for that. I'm getting it now. So if I run the p trap left to right but make it so that the arm is same level as vent pipe, have a horizontal run for about 6 or so inches, then pretty much make an u turn using a 90 and a 45 to connect to the new wye, would that be ok? Something like...
  8. aharami

Ok so this is all existing plumbing. That wye in the center of the pic is where the old tub was plumbed to. As you can see, the p trap arm was connecting directly to a horizontal vent pipe. My new shower drain location has to be where that elbow is sitting on the ground. The farthest to the...
  9. aharami

So how are shower drains plumbed then? If the vent must rise vertically directly off the p trap and the p trap is in the center of a 5'x3' shower pan...how is that possible? The shower pan won't allow the vent to rise vertically directly off the p trap which will be under the center of the...
  10. aharami

The vent would be the 3" pipe I'm connecting it to. That 3" pipe runs to the right, then goes up to vent out of the attic.
  11. aharami

Oh, that 3" pipe is the main vent stack. That existing 1.5" wye you see in the 2nd pic is for the old tub drain. I'm moving the drain from a right hand configuration to a center configuration. Past that existing wye, to the right, the 3" pipe makes a 90 degree turn upward and vents out the...
  12. aharami

I guess what I'm asking is if drain water always has to flow in one direction? Or can the p trap take the water to the right and then connect to a main pipe where the water is flowing to the left. Appreciate your help.
  13. aharami

Is this legal? Existing 3" pipe is the vent. Water is draining from right to left in existing 3" pipe currently. I want to connect new shower drain to this pipe. Location of shower pans drain won't give me enough space to install p trap right to left because of existing 3" fitting.
  14. aharami

Building a Custom Electric Mirror - Sometimes simple is best!

John, can you give some details on the build process of the mirror? You said you were "blown away at how simple these builds are and can imagine that anyone with a good skill set can pull off building one of these mirrors". What is involved in building these types of mirrors? I live nowhere...
  15. aharami

Hansgrohe ibox vs. Delta Multichoice

Once again, thank you jadnashua!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks