hammering

1. J

Navien NPE 240a NG pipes vibrating

Navien is about 8-9 years old and never had any problems until the last year . When we use the hot water the pex will vibrate like crazy for 5-20 seconds. Cold water is fine. Sounds as if the flows restricted on the incoming line? I will double check the main shit off is all the way open...
  2. Home CA

Water hammer caused by hot water circulator pump sensor valve

Just wanted to post a note for someone who might run into this in the future. I have a Watts hot water circulating pump, this guy: https://www.amazon.com/Watts-500800-Instant-Recirculating-Install/dp/B000E78XHG The thermocouple/sensor valve is installed at nearly the furthest point on one end...
  3. EddyEddy

Valve hammering

I have a five valve irrigation system. Four of the five work perfectly. One, when it "turns on" (in sequence, it is the third zone of the five) knocks/hammers unstoppingly until I shut off the zone. Since the system is at least 15 years old, I suspect that particular valve is the problem. I can...
  4. PipeDreamz

Thoughts on Water Hammer Arrestor Before PRV?

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get feedback on setting up my incoming house water line as: shutoff ball valve > water hammer arrestor > PRV I share a curb stop city main with my neighbor that has a lawn irrigation system hooked up on their side. I currently do not have a PRV and my pressure...
  5. Nigel Ellis

Water hammering when pressure pump runs

Hi folks, First time poster here. I’m looking for some help in addressing a water hammering issue. This is not a new issue - we bought the house a while ago and have always experienced some kind of hammering going on. System setup: * In-ground pump that fills a holding tank *...
  6. traut27

Pipes hammer/squealing while water is running

Water pressure in my home was at 120 psi. I replaced the existing PRV with a new one and my water pressure is currently 45 psi. Now when I run water I get a loud hammering/squealing noise from the pipes while the water is running but it doesn't happen all the time. The most consistent way to see...
  7. Theo N.

What could cause hammer-like sound at water service entry point?

I believe I hear a shuddering sound emanating from my 1" Uponor PEX water service line, puzzlingly during times (like at 4:00 AM) when we have no open valves in the house and in fact the house has rested for hours. The underground line surfaces in the crawlspace of my 1-level ranch. It's then...
  8. Geoffrey Leach the Other

Toto flap and water hammer

I cleaned the tank of my Toto CST 854 for the first time in 8 years. Very little debris in the tank and nothing in the feed tube. However, when the cleaning was done, the Toto had an almost imperceptible leak that resulted in periodic water hammer that lasted a few seconds. Re-positioning the...
  9. Charles419

City Water Pressure Causing Hammering

We've lived in our home for several years, no hammering. Within the week, hammering is occurring without any household valve or solenoid being activated. I confirmed this at the water meter ( a new digital/wireless unit for the city). I've watched the meter to see if there is a slow leak or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks