drain pipe

1. D

Vent pipe cracked due to settling

Hi, recently had a leak that was isolated to the bathroom sink. After inspecting it the drain is cracked in the wall it looks like the house shifted and caused the issue. Any recommendations on how to repair this since it seems to be caused by shifting/settling of the house?
  2. hoot97az

Waste Drain pipe T behind cabinet

Hello, I'm remodeling my kitchen and when I removed a corner lazy Susan cabinet, there is a waste drain pipe sticky out of wall that was behind the cabinet.. Has anyone seen this before? I thought at first it was a cleanout somehow buried behind a cabinet, but looking in the pipe opening it...
  3. kratt5

Kitchen drain pipe

Does everyone agree this pipe is rusted out? It's a kitchen drain line that runs under concrete foundation. It's 2 inch cast iron pipe probably original construction from the 70's. Picture is from a scope during pipe inspection. I'm looking at abandoning that section of pipe by cutting and...
  4. gt213

Installing RO System help

I'm in the process of installing an RO system and have a question about where the hole and drain saddle should go. I've already drilled the hole of the drain saddle (you can see where in the attached picture, on the vertical plastic pipe coming down from the sink). When i drilled the hole some...
  5. Soparklion

80 yr old cast iron drain pipe...

my home is 80 yrs old. Due to another incident, I'm replacing the basement floor drain. The joints that I can see appear to be in good condition. The pipe isn't corroded through that I can tell. A plumber friend suggests that I have the whole house replaced... any opinions? Should I insist...
  6. Terrence Evans

Corian bathroom sink - overflow adapter leak

Hi all - I'm a first timer to this forum and looking for a little advice. Also, a DIY'er and bit of a novice. I have a 20 year old Corian counter/sink in the bathroom that has developed a leak in the adapter that goes between the bottom of the drain and the pop up assembly. This adapter also...
  7. Tim222

Do these old stub pipes typically have a set screw or just use a caulk seal

Late 1940s/early 1950s vanity drain pipe. The metal nut that connects to the trap has corroded and crumbled to dust, so I need to replace the drain pipe. But it won't budge in the stub that comes up out of the tiled floor. The former owners tiled over tile, so I don't know if there's a set...
  8. Stephybc00

Sewer smell after a partial remodel

I have a 1997 fleetwood mobile home and paid my sisters handyman boyfriend to come over and put my bathtub back in. My aunt and I ripped the bathroom out a couple years back, and then, she never came back to help me refinish it. So, since I have no vanity to put back, he just cut off the pipes...
  9. Ipeakedinhighschool

How does this DWV bathroom setup look? Awesome?

Will this get the job done? I tried to keep it simple since I am simple. let me know if I botched something up. Thanks!
  10. lnjustin

Acceptable drain pipe configuration?

Is this ok to do? It's for a half-bath vanity sink. The wall connection is RIGHT above the bottom of the vanity cabinet, so if I can plumb everything above the bottom of the vanity cabinet, I can avoid cutting through it.
  11. Karnzo

Wet bar sink installation question

Hi everyone. I am currently remodeling my basement and I am trying to install a sink in a bar that I recently built. There is a metal drain pipe with a clean out valve that I think I can tap into (pictures attached), but I'm not sure. My question is if I can tap into it, what is the best way...
  12. Davey Smith

using a 3 inch vent pipe for sewer drain

Bought an old house with one bathroom on the first floor. There is a large closet on the second floor that is directly above the first floor bathroom. There is a 3 inch cast iron vent pipe (that goes through the roof) that is tied into the kitchen sink and the existing first floor bathroom and...
  13. MC922

Replacing closet flange - damaged drain pipe

I am renovating a bathroom in my home. I decided to replace the old flange with a new one (first mistake). the old flange was 3" pvc solvent welded into the 4" drain pipe. removing the old flange was a nightmare and in the process I wound up breaking the top of the drain pipe in several places...
  14. Tim Johnson

Mystery soil stack

Hello everyone. I joined this forum because I was hoping someone could help me figure something out, otherwise I'll just open up some walls. A soil stack goes from out the roof and seems to terminate in the outcropping in my kitchen shown in the picture. There's absolutely nothing in the...
  15. Laxmidi

Does this 50 yr pipe need to be replaced?

Does this 50 yr pipe need to be replaced? It's the drain for a bathroom sink. It hasn't leaked. It's got lots of rusted bits in it. When I tap on it, it feel solid. How do I tell if it's okay?
  16. John Brosnan

Installing Utility Sink sharing drain pipe on adjacent wall

Hey folks I have a 20 year old home (was built to code here in NC) that has white plastic pipes. I guess the water lines are CPVC and the drain pipes might be the same or PVC. I want to put a utility sink in the laundry room adjacent to the hall bathroom. The wall behind the bathroom sink...
  17. Rudy15

Sorting out basement rough-in

Hi folks, Looking for some guidance on a DIY basement rough-in. Thought I was done but had a bit of a brainwave and realized I don't think my shower venting is adequate considering it's tied in to the toilet drain. What would be the best way to resolve this properly? Any help would be much...
  18. tpcolson

Can PVC be encased horizontally in concrete

Have an unfortunate "this is the only way this is going to work" situation with a DMV repair, resulting in the repair portion of the drain pipe, having to run 4 feet horizontally (yes, at the correct slope of 1/4"/ft) before turning up into the main vent stack...mostly above the gravel sub-grade...
  19. britt111

Ikea hack?

Hi y’all, We’re remodeling our bathroom, and we’ve installed an Odensvik sink from Ikea with the Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet from Delta. Most of the bathroom hardware we’re putting in is brass or gold, so we don’t like the Odensvik sink’s chrome drain and overflow ring and want to figure out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks