vacuum breaker

1. B

Vacuum relief valve on hot water storage tank

I am a DIY home owner in Michigan under the 2015 IPC. I sent my inspector a "How does this look?" picture via email. He responded that the hot water storage tank needs a vacuum relief valve. The code he is referring is "P2804.7 Vacuum-relief valve" and is referenced below. I attached a picture...
  2. DAVID HERTZEL

Fine thread adapter for hose bib with integral vacuum breaker

I found the pictured hose bib on the back of a stand-alone garage built shortly before we purchased our property in 2017. I've lived with it, but finally decided to swap it our for the correct fixture so I could add a pressure regulator and stop bursting the leader hose to the timer. I...
  3. Terry

Vacuum breaker for hot/cold hosebib

I need to locate new vacuum breakers for a customer of mine. The vacuum breakers are spraying on the side of the home.
  4. NotAPlumber11

Vacuum breaker spigot problem

I have a vacuum breaker on my spigot in the backyard. When you turn off the spigot it sprays water. Not dripping, not a little spurt, but high pressure spraying from the hose side of the vacuum breaker. Once the water is completely off, and the pressure has died off from the hose, it stops...
  5. Robert Leise

PVC, What type of fittings/solvent do I need to use

I am a third year plumbing apprentice swapping out a vacuum breaker for a side job. I do commercial work and am not familiar with the irrigation supply line. 1” IPS PVC1120 SDR 21. (Photo below) I need to offset over bc the vacuum breaker outlet is on the opposite side of the old one. Not sure...
  6. WayneA

The downhill neighbor in my small cabin community is sucking water out of my cabin

I have a small cabin in a 12 cabin community which is spring fed (spring flow is about 5 gpm). The water flows from our spring box into a 5000 gallon storage tank. The community was built in the 50's and the water system was originally designed to work off of gravity flow alone. In the upper...
  7. bottomsup

Outdoor hose bibb vacuum breaker

I understand that vacuum breaker is required for outdoor hose bibb, but I had an old bibb with the vacuum breaker attached to the end, and I was having issues with it splashing water when closing the bibb with hose attached. Recently I had it replaced with Arrow-breaker bibb that had a vacuum...
  8. CowSki

Thermal expansion tank and vacuum breaker

Hi There, I'm installing a new hot water tank. Vacuum breakers are a code requirement in my area (as are Pressure Reducing Valves). I wanted to add a thermal expansion tank. After much discussion/research I think it is best to put it on the cold water line. BUT if the vacuum breaker is between...
  9. Terry

Arrowhead PK1390 Vacuum Breaker for hosebib. Not being shipped.

Arrowhead is way behind shipping the vacuum breaker replacements for the BK1390. Everywhere I went in the Seattle area, they were backordered. This is what they look like. It's a fine thread on the top, and a hose thread at the bottom. For now, it looks like I will be replacing the entire...
  10. Mastsh12

Sloan M-101526-f3 Vacuum Breaker leaking

Hey Folks, I'm up at my folks place for Fathers day and they asked me to take a look at the leaking guest room toilet. I replaced the duckbill valve in the upper supply group about 6 months ago the last time it was dribbling. Well, now the dribble is coming out of the vacuum breaker...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks