disposer

1. David Ades

Double Kitchen Sink with Floor Drain and Disposer

We have a double kitchen sink and are replacing the old disposer that quit. The new disposer is "unexpectedly" wider and will make connecting to the floor drain very tight if even possible. Unfortunately, as you can see these PVC connections are on top of each other so no room for cutting and...
  2. Terry

When should you replace your disposal? How long do they last?

I like to replace disposals at eight years. If you ask the manufacturer, they will tell you they are good for 15 years. Well..........maybe that can happen. What can also happen is that the blades get dull and they start peeling instead of chipping and the need to call a plumber to clear your...
  3. Terry

Disposer leak at basket. The snap ring not fully engaged.

Here was a disposer leak at the connection between the disposer rubber seal and the basket, caused by the installer not seating the snap ring in the groove. You can see on the right side the snap ring sticking out, and on the left how it's hidden. Everything looked fine to the handyman that...
  4. indianajonesy

Disposal outlet/waste line height differential question

So I'm 90% done (probably a hopeful exaggeration...) with renovating my kitchen and the wife decides to tell me she'd like a disposal. We conveniently have an abandoned wall box with power there (probably from a prior disposal), so I tell her sure. Now I'm getting ready to order a disposal and...
  5. Terry

Plumbing hack for a new disposer

A new deeper undermount sink for the kitchen, and the existing piping under the sink is too high and too strange. It's time for a plumbing hack. It's looking a little strange, but let's take a better look. Two short 90's before the p-trap. The homeowner never like snaking that mess...
  6. Terry

Anaheim and Moen Recall Garbage Disposals Due to Impact Hazard

Description: This recall involves 3/4 and 1 horsepower disposals. Recalled brands, model numbers and serial numbers are listed in the link below. The disposal housings were sold in silver, gray, black and blue and have the brand name printed on them. The brand name, model number and serial...
  7. Terry

When should I replace my disposer on my kitchen sink?

When should I replace my disposer on my kitchen sink? Homeowners ask me that all the time. Normally they wait until they no longer spin, not knowing that the clogs they had been getting are related to the poor performance of the chipping blades of the disposer. When they are no longer sharp...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks