corroded

1. Kr8peace

50-180 PSI in corroded muni water pipe, what is the solution?

Muni water supply in small CO mountain town is about 50 PSI now, in winter. It will rise to 180 PSI spikes a lot with spring melt and continue until fall when it again slowly diminishes. Installed a pressure reducer to save fixtures. The incoming 3/4 galvanized pipe is also corroded so volume is...
  2. gpstew

Lead Stub Out - fixable?

Hello all! I'm brand new to the forum and a DIYer (at best). The best/closest info I could find on the web regarding a situation like mine was from y'all's forum - thanks. Info - location St. Louis House build date 1936 - plumbing update - unknown I went to put in a new vanity/sink and when...
  3. KS99

Corroded cast iron basement floor drain with no trap. Cap? Also other issues

I have 2 issues - capping a basement floor drain, and subsequent re-routing of A/C condensate line. My house was built in the '50s and I have cast iron waste pipes in the basement. There is a 4" drain in the basement floor by the washer that has no trap. The walls of the pipe are extremely...
  4. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Recently I had no choice but to cut off the corroded top of my well casing. Here is what it looked like: I replaced the casing with PVC and a Fernco coupling. I know that many people disapprove of the Fernco coupling, but the well is in an extremely remote ocean island location with no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks