aquastat

1. Tangent

Buzzing Honeywell L8148J aquastat

My Honeywell Resideo L8148J at times makes a buzzing sound. It was buzzing at noon, but silent later in the day. Sound is more noticeable when the burner is off but the circulator is running, only when there is a call for heat. I’ve seen two similar posts, and the possibilities were (a) the...
  2. BILLIARD

Recirc Pump with Tempering Valve

A customer has a large house and it takes a long time to deliver hot water to the farthest fixture in the house. In the past I have successfully installed the Watts (or Grundfros) Recirc pump system at the water heater. However we also want to install a mixing valve/tempering valve at the water...
  3. Tangent

Best High setting on boiler aquastat

My boiler Aquastat is set to a High Temp limit of 180 F. Some folks say you get better efficiency by running at a slightly higher temp, like 190 F. What does your experience tell you? https://inspectapedia.com/heat/Aquastat_Settings.php ___ "Generally a heating boiler is more efficient if...
  4. cs2kplus

Relay switch on control board unreliable

Ok. I posted recently as "unknown problem". Now I know. The relay switch on aquastat controller is unreliable. Picture included shows it as grey cover with spring hinge that says honey well. If you tap it then boiler will kick on. My question is, can this be fixed as opposed to replacing entire...
  5. BostonDan

Boiler Aquastat & Switching Relay Upgrade???

Hi - I was wondering if my old boiler can be modified to be more energy efficient by swapping out the Aquastat and Switching Relays with 'smarter' units. Currently my system is an old Utica PGB150A Boiler that is controlled by a HoneyWell Aquastat type L8148J (*Zone 1*) paired with two...
  6. Scott McNab

Boiler Circulator Pump Aquastat

Hi I recently had an L6006C aquastat installed to control the circulation pump for my Biasi cast iron conventional boiler (propane). What would be the best setting for the circ pump to come on and the correct differential? Want boiler protection to prevent condensate but don't want to waste...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks