framing

1. PerryNotMason

shower + lav draining into toilet drain with attic bathroom

hi all, I'm installing a new small bathroom in my attic - the space is awkward and small, and my main question is about using space wisely. I'm located in Portland, oregon for code purposes. I intend on having a 3" toilet drain, as well as a lav sink and a shower in the new bathroom. new...
  2. Jim Bassuk

New install of acrylic Kohler 1121 seems unstable on its mortar

I am building a new undermount tub and have followed the relevant threads on this forum, which correctly point out that there are no specific guidelines about how to go about this. So I built a nice 2x6 frame such that the tub's lip will hover about 1 inch over the 2x6 frame. My thinking here...
  3. calf85

Bracing a stud that has been cut too much

I'm installing a bathroom above an existing one, and when running the shower drain pipe I got overzealous without thinking and cut a 3" hole in a 2x4 for the drain (red circle in photo). Only 2 3/8" is allowed by code. How do I brace this to pass inspection? I was thinking about putting 2x8...
  4. snuggles

Framing under new toilet flange

Hello, I poked around through the archives, but was unable to locate an answer to my question, but sorry if this has already been asked and answered a million times... I've gutted an old bathroom and reframed to make it level, square and plumb by sistering 2x8s to the existing joists, building...
  5. Jeremy723

Replacing chimney with lally column

I'm planning to take down the rest of our interior, non used chimney in a few weeks. As I look at it more and more a joist, which has several others tied to it, appears to rest on the chimney, and the section below this point on the chimney is wider than above. Mapping out the joists I quite...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks