backflow preventer

1. Rac59

How to fix leak coming out of backflow preventer pipe

I turned my backflow preventer off last week ahead of a Texas freeze. I turned the water back on today, and water is leaking out of the place where the lever handle attaches to the pipe (see picture). No water is coming out of the bonnet. Any insight on why this is happening and the best way to...
  2. Frank M

Sewage Backwater Valve

People in my town, due to Ida, asking about backflow valves. In my home I have a JR Smith 7150. You can't really rely on the plastic one-way flapper. It also has a spade-type manual gate valve turned by a wheel. You have to make the decision whether and when to shut down your waste discharge. I...
  3. JohnnyBGoode

3/4 line to a 1" PVB Backflow Preventer

Hey guys, I have a small sprinkler system, with the irrigation box right near my house, but it's not connected to anything yet. In that area under my house is a 3/4 water line. I need a 1" PVB backflow preventer, and I wanna know if I can connect the backflow and sprinkler line to the 3/4...
  4. Andy Ihlenfeldt

Replacing backflow preventer valve on tub faucet

I have a claw foot tub with a handheld shower. The handheld shower seems to have a misbehaving backflow preventer valve. When the pressure gets to high (not really very high), the water is simply shut off. I'm looking at it and it seems the backflow preventer is a fairly complicated mechanism...
  5. David Sev

Okay to blow out sprinklers through Backflow?

I just had a sprinkler system installed in My backyard and after researching it looks like my only option to blow out my lines is to blow through the test cocks on the side but have read you aren’t supposed to blow through Backflow preventer. Is it okay to blow through one of the side ports...
  6. beolson25

Pressure Reducing Valve Question - and maybe more

All, This group has been helpful over the past month or so and I appreciate it. Let me briefly explain my situation and then pose the question. My home my was built March of 2019. In my main line to my home's water supply there is a PRV-->backflow preventer-->catalytic carbon backwashing...
  7. beolson25

3-way T-Port ball valves for Water Softener install

Is it ok (per code) to use 3-way (T-Port) valves to install the softener loops off the main? I'm trying to reduce the number of elbows in the plumbing. It seems like the most efficient way to do it is to have three valves right in the main flow line. Something like this: | T-Port...
  8. Horse Heaven

Sewer back-ups blamed on backflow valve?

Called out at 3 AM for backed up sewer on ground floor of a two-story. This is the fourth occurrence in ten years. Third was exactly three months ago. Single occupant home. Following third occ., homeowner has flushed older 3+GPF toilet 2-3 times/week, and flushes nothing other than tissue...
  9. cabootle

Sprinkler zone lost pressure and now triggers backflow preventer?

Hello, I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure this one out the last couple of days, and I am hoping someone here might have some advice before I call a professional. I have a relatively small lawn (~800 sq ft) with about 12 pop up sprinklers, and two days ago I moved a sprinkler head...
  10. WayneA

The downhill neighbor in my small cabin community is sucking water out of my cabin

I have a small cabin in a 12 cabin community which is spring fed (spring flow is about 5 gpm). The water flows from our spring box into a 5000 gallon storage tank. The community was built in the 50's and the water system was originally designed to work off of gravity flow alone. In the upper...
  11. ruggerole

Febco 825Y Noisy

Hi, Newbe here. I have a 3/4" Febco 825Y backflow preventer that is making moaning - fog horn noises on a couple of zones in my sprinkler system. I have read that this won't do any harm to the system but is annoying. Especially at 5am. I have read that the pressure may be too low and causing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks