3/4 line to a 1" PVB Backflow Preventer

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnnyBGoode

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a small sprinkler system, with the irrigation box right near my house, but it's not connected to anything yet. In that area under my house is a 3/4 water line. I need a 1" PVB backflow preventer, and I wanna know if I can connect the backflow and sprinkler line to the 3/4 line, or will I lose too much pressure once it hits the 1" backflow preventer?
Thanks for your help!
P.S. the I would normally connect to a 1" line but it's all the way on the other side of the house.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yes a sprinkler zone can run off 3/4. having the 1 inch backflow wont matter. Assuming the number of heads and gpm dont exceed what 3/4 will supply. So a better answer would be maybe it will work maybe not. too little information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks