backwash

1. Marcus12345

Water softener and sediment filter drain lines

Hi— I have an auto-backwashing sediment filter (for well water) y’d into the drain line from the water softener. My sediment filter malfunctioned and backwashed continuously for over a week (!) before we discovered it. The brine tank did not overfill. But we noticed the water now tastes...
  2. Qtil

(Closed) No water pressure when switching from BYPASS to SERVICE

I'm having an odd issue with my relatively new Katalox AIO filter. The filter does not have any water pressure when in service. When I flip from 'bypass' to 'service' the water pressure immediately plummets to zero. However, when I trigger the backwash cycle all 3 stages work and release water...
  3. Mnosek

Significant resin discharged during backwash

I have a Culligan Medallist Series water softener at our lake house. It has been unused in the garage for several years due to an issue we have been dealing with of low yielding well. We had to get a new well drilled, and I moved my pressure tank and water softener to a whole new location with...
  4. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter backwash

Hi, I just installed an Iron filter that backwashes every 2 weeks. ( up to 100 gallons ea ) My well tank and filter are in the basement. I'm also on a brand new septic system. I do not believe I should flush all the backwash through the septic system. I will be installing a French drain and if...
  5. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Redox media (that Cu/Zn mix) backwash issues?

Was reading up on the Cu/Zn mix named "Redox". Given my iron-bacteria issue, chemistry-wise, it seems ideal. Then there's the issue of how much backwash it needs. Reputedly, this is because of weight, flow sufficient to make turbulent the heavy beads. Which does make sense. Also, as I...
  6. tddougla

Water Softener and Whole House backwashing Carbon filter

I'm on well water and recently replaced my water softener and added a whole house backwashing GAC filter for sediment and taste/odor, both have a Fleck 5600SXT head, 48k grain capacity on the softener. GAC is just after pressure tank followed by softener. System worked fine for better part of...
  7. ThudnBlundr

Kinetico Softener Irregular BW

I've searched for this without luck. We've had a Kinetico softener for many years, but recently the backwashing has become irregular. It backwashed on Tuesday evening last week, finishing around 9pm. At 6:30am the following morning it was backwashing again although only one person had used a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks