The Unknown - Dishwashers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
Yes, the dishwasher is filling up with water in the bottom and won't drain. The lines appear to be clear. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this thing to start draining? Or, on a good affordable new dishwasher?

Thanks,
Molo

Molo

Reaction score
Thanks Jim

I have believe I have ruled out clog. If its a pump or timer prob. should I hire someone to fix it, or just replace the thing?

Molo

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If your timer rotates through the entire cycle like normal, then the problem is probably in your pump. If your timer stops during the cycle, then your timer is bad. There is also a solenoid that opens and closes the drain valve, which could also be bad. That's the loud click you hear several times during a cycle. In any case, it would cost almost as much to have a technician come out as it would to replace the darn thing. Aside from the solenoid, the parts to fix this could be prohibitively expensive, even if you knew how to effect the repairs.

Here's a link to a dishwasher troubleshooting guide. Just scroll down 'til you find the section on "dishwasher not draining."

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_9_1.asp#Level1_4

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Replacing the pump will depend on its age and brand as some can be quite pricey to repair. Onec repaired you will have an old repaired DW. Or if replaced one with a warranty, new looking and a longer expected life B4 any repairs. If you call a good appliance repair shop and give them the Brand and Model they should be able to give you total cost for Labor and Mat. to replace the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks