Time to Choose a Toilet Need Advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

BSwanson

Reaction score
I have a small "50's bathroom that has the toilet very close to the tub. The toilet is a 14 in rough in and has to be replaced. Money is an issue, so I can't go crazy. I would like a short toilet - wall to front edge -so you can get in the tub - and a good flush. My plumbing store says that 14 in rough ins didn't flush well. What's going to work better: Unifit?, offset flange and power flush??? This is a second floor bath and I don't want problems! Please help!

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
He is wrong about a 14" rough. To have more room pull the toilet and See if you could make it a 12" rough and to get the tank back next to the wall.

BSwanson

Reaction score
The only way to move it - it's cast iron in fine shape - is to use an offset flange. Is that a workable solution?

Spokaneman

Reaction score
Seems to me that a toto with a 14" unifit adapter might be a good choice because the same toilet will fit 10 12 or 14 in rough with the adapter dealing with the different rough in space. Might make for a smaller footprint overall. They are a bit more $$ but well worth it IMO.